[005]

—005 HER

—005 HER

𝘑𝘈𝘕𝘜𝘈𝘙𝘠 7𝘯𝘥, 2013
6:06 𝘈𝘔 𝘔𝘌𝘛𝘙𝘖𝘗𝘖𝘓𝘐𝘚

METROPOLIS, WHERE DREAMS CAME TRUE. The sister city to Gotham, Metropolis was where everyone had a future to look forward to, crime was at an all time low, and life could never get any better than this. If you wanted to be thrown into a 80s sitcom, with a little bit of aliens and a crazy bald rich guy, then Metropolis was the place.

The heeled black boots of the seventeen year old were clicking against the marble floors of the Metropolis Justice League Headquarters. A more proper name would have been the 'Metropolis Superman Headquarters.' The lobby made Rio want to gag. It was color coded blue and red, and a huge Superman logo was plastered onto the wall. And besides that, the marble statues of Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman, lined with gold accents, made her debate sneaking in and spray painting them out of spite.

She shoved her hands into the cropped black jacket that had ten different pockets on it. She only wore it over her suit for late night missions, and she had not had the opportunity to change in the twenty-six hours she'd been under Gordon's supervision. She looked down at it, picking at the dry blood stains as Gordon mumbled curses under his breath. The car ride with the two was sickening. It wasn't like Gordon didn't try. He even tried to talk about things his teenage daughter liked. Which, very obviously, were opposite to what an undercover assassin would like.

The two Gotham and Blüdhaven residents gave each other a look, not exactly used to the bright colors and marble reflecting off their foreheads. The two looked for a sign on where they should go, Rio more or less looking for an escape route. Gordon only shrugged at her as they sat down in the lobby chairs.

In an adjacent room, Batman sat across from Wonder Woman and Superman at a small round table. He put his two hands together, facing them, "I wanted to discuss with the two of you an individual I am bringing onto the team. I would not do this if I didn't consider the consequences this might bring."

Wonder Woman's facial expression hardened, "what are you implying?"

The man in the bat costume explained the past day, not mentioning the month his son spent looking for the girl. He laid out his reasoning to the two, both nodding along and sharing short glances between each other.

"What do we do if she does go out of our control? Leaving behind an assassin lifestyle isn't something you can expect someone to do in one day, especially when it's all you know," Diana made her point, giving her counterpart a look of distrust.

Superman had a moment to think to himself, his thumb brushing against his chin, "I agree, but I want to give her a chance. Not every other teenager working under crime world influence gets this type of opportunity, it could be life changing. And she'll be in Metropolis, so I'll watch over her as much as I can."