[004]

—004KILL YOU

—004
KILL YOU

𝘑𝘈𝘕𝘜𝘈𝘙𝘠 6𝘵𝘩, 2013
2:35 𝘈𝘔 𝘉𝘓Ü𝘋𝘏𝘈𝘝𝘌𝘕

𝘙𝘐𝘖 𝘚𝘛𝘖𝘖𝘋 𝘈𝘛 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘊𝘖𝘙𝘕𝘌𝘙 of a brick building. Her eyes waited for a man to burst out of the building next to her, running with a child in his arms. Her instructions were to kill him and take the child back to her mother immediately. She wasn't completely a terrible person. Stopping a sex trafficker from trafficking his own child sounds like a damn good thing to do.  She twirled the knife in her fingers, she heard a scream, so in moments the man would be in front of her. He parked just a few blocks down, so either way she could chase him if needed. A door was slammed open, and footsteps heavily sped down the streets of Gotham, right in front of Rio.

It was easy, just a quick stab behind him, grab the baby, and leave. The cops would deal with it in the morning and see that he had several other charges previously linked to him, so they would not give a single damn about the man laying on the dirt and grime of Gotham city. They'd assume gang violence. She looked at the baby in her arms as she held her tightly against her chest, she was fast asleep. She ventured up the side of the building, stopping at where a woman stood in a window, tears strolling down her face. Rio smiled, returning the child to her mom.

The woman mouthed a thank you, before shutting the window. Rio was left alone again in the darkness of the night. She hopped down into the alley again. The body was gone.

"I know you know how to dispose of evidence," a bold voice spoke from behind her.

The hair on the back of her neck rose. Rio reached for her gun. Rarely did she ever find the case to use it on random, but this was unexpected. She turned around, aiming straight at the man speaking to her, "listen, you can walk away and we don't have to do this."

She could barely see him, but what did catch her eyes was two pointy ears. Her breath hitched. She never had come in contact with Batman before, but she had come in contact with Bruce. She was no match for the man, and she knew it. She retired her gun quicker than it had been pulled out. She stood a stance of defense.

"I'm not here to fight you. I just want to talk," he moved closer to her, revealing the pale white of the bottom half of his face.

"What did you do with the body? What do you want from me?"

"He's with the police, I had been eying him for a while."

"Then why stop to talk to me? If I did your job for you, why?"

At this point Batman and her were just a foot away from each other, the streets of Gotham stopped moving just for a second it seemed.  And though it was covered, it looked like Batman's brow had furrowed, "you didn't 'do the job' for me, I made sure that man had a chance at staying alive. But someone you and I both know, he's been distracted from his job recently."