eighteen- doubt

TW: Mentions of blood and needles

"HARPER" I ran to her, kneeling down next to her, the glass going into my knees being completely irrelevant.

"oh my god.. Ruthanna, back up. You're gonna get hurt!" George shouted at me, stepping over the glass, to the best of his ability.

"Harper.. oh god..." I said, trying to turn her onto her back, considering she was laying on her stomach.

"Karl call an ambulance!" Clay raised his voice, following Georges path.

I rolled her onto her back.. and saw a massive piece of glass stabbing through her stomach.

As I came back to my senses, I heard Collie still crying. 

"S-someone get C-Collie.. she's- she's scared." I said, not completely beging able to process what was going on.

Clay put his fingers on the glass in Harper, and by the looks of it, he was trying to pull it out, causing a scream from Harper.
"CLAY STOP!" I yelled, not mentally beging able to hear my baby scream again.
"It's inside of her! It needs to come out!" He said, trying again.
"MOMMY!" Harper screamed, her body jolting slightly from the pain
"CLAY! If you pull it out, she'll bleed out! You will kill her!" I shouted at him, and he moved back slightly.

Karl stepped into the kitchen, his eyes widening from the scene infront of him.
"I.. I called the ambulance.. they're on their way" he said, holding Collie, shielding her vision from Harper.

"Oh Baby.." I began crying.
"Ruth, you need to get away from her.. she-"
"Shut up, George!" I yelled, louder than intended "this is my baby! She's covered in blood, and could die right here, right now!"

He let out a shaky breath, and soon we began to hear sirens, and Nick ran out to show the paramedics where to go. 

I saw Harpers eyes begin closing "Harper no! Stay awake, babygirl.. pease" I sobbed out.
"Why..? She's passing out. She can't just.. stay awake, Ruth. She's bleeding so bad.." Alex asked, confused

I looked up at him "if she passes out, she may not wake up." I told him, looking back down at Harper "you're so strong, Harper.. it's okay baby.."

She was no longer crying, now completely in shock, and not being able to feel the pain anymore
"I was trying to get my juice, mommy... I just wanted a cup.." she told me, looking down at her stomach.

I lifted her chin up, not wanting her to see what she looks like right now.

I saw Nick run into the kitchen, the paramedics running in behind him.
"Everyone step away please" he said, and I looked down, and she was out..

She passed out.

"Harper.. Harper! Wake up baby.. please! Wake up.." I felt arms pulling me back
"She's dying! Save her.. SAVE HER! She can't die.." I sobbed uncontrollably.

I looked back, seeing that Clay was the one pulling me away
"Clay stop it!" I began fighting to get out of his arms but he wouldn't let me go.
"Please.." I cried, going limp in his hold as I watched them carry my baby away.

"You guys can follow behind the ambulance." One paramedic said as they left the kitchen.

I stared blankly at the blood and glass covered floor.

"I should've been watching her.." I said blankly. "she's dying.. and I did that.."

"Ruth, shut up!" Karl was pissed. "You can't blame yourself for everything! This was not you! This is not your fault. Let's go! Now!" He said sternly, grabbing his keys off of the counter, and the boys following behind him.

I couldn't move.

I felt myself being lifted off of the ground by Clay, but I couldn't look away from the kitchen until it was out of my view.

Clay held me in his lap the entire car ride.

We arrived to the hospital, and I sprung out of the car, sprinting into the hospital, following the paramedics.

"You can't come in here. We need to go to the back and figure out what we need to do." The paramedic told me, blocking me from the entrance to the back area
"I'm her mother!" I yelled at him, in disbelief.
"Once we figure out what she needs, you can come back, but not until then" and he left, the doors shutting in my face.

Nick grabbed my hand, pulling me to the seats if the waiting room, all the other boys sitting as well, besides Karl, who was pacing infront of us, handing Collie to George.

It felt like hours passed until a doctor came out
"Ruthanna?" He said, making me immediately stand up and walk to him
"Hello. So, Harper is out of surgery, and she-"
"Surgery!?" I said, slightly loud "you didn't think to maybe tell her mother that she was going into surgery? I have gotten zero updates. Zero! And now you're telling me she's OUT of surgery? How about telling me she was going INTO surgery!"
"Ma'am, we didn't have time. I'm sorry for the lack of updates. But she's out of surgery now. She lost a very heavy amount of blood, and that's why we are doubting her survival." He told me, no emotion behind his eyes.
"Doubting her survival? Like.. she could die!?" George asked, abruptly.

The doctors eyes wondered for a second before answering "yes. You guys may come back and see her, but she is not conscious at the moment."

He lead us to her room.

There lied my precious baby. Eyes shut. Wrap over her stomach. Unconscious.

I slowly walked up to her bed, and sat at the chair beside her, grabbing her small, cold hand, and kissing it.

"If any of you have the same blood type as her, there's a chance of donating blood to her, which could give her a higher chance at surviving." The doctor told us.

I immediately looked up "I-I do.. we have the same blood type.. do it now! She's not gonna die on me!"

He did some tests to double check that we had the same blood type, and I was correct.

(Guys.. the only knowledge I have on stuff like this is the walking dead season 2 when Rick had to donate to Carl, so pls bare with me 🙏)

I squeezed Karl's hand as the needle was injected into my arm.

I watched as my blood went through the small tube, which traveled into Harpers arm.

Clays Pov
I've never seen this side of Ruth.

Ever.

It hurts me, so bad seeing her like this.. it hurts all of us.

"you're the strongest girl I know, Ruth. You have gotten through so much.. you can get through this too. You're so strong." Karl told her, and she laid her head on his shoulder.

It's been a couple hours, and Harpers vitals are just continuing to drop.

"Just take more blood. I can't just watch her fall apart like this.." Ruth pleaded

The doctor just nodded in response, using more of Ruthannas blood to hopefully help Harper.

Ruth laid her head in Nicks lap, him rubbing his thumb across her cheek repeatedly.

Yes, Harper is getting blood.

But Ruth is loosing blood.

I made strawberry shortcake

It's really good.