thirty three- pain

I sat in my bed, attempting to curl myself in a ball, it being kind of hard due to my massive stomach.

Today has been painful. One of the babies are squished up against my ribs, and it definitely doesn't feel good.

"Still hurting you, baby?" Alex asked as he walked into my bedroom.
"Always." I replied, sarcastically.
"Do you need anything? Meds or anything?" He asked, sweetly.
"If you can find any meds to get a baby's feet outta your ribs." I laughed.

He chuckled and then laid infront of me, his head by my stomach.
"If you don't get your feet out of my girlfriends ribs, I will...um. I don't know what I'll do.. but! I'll do something." He glared at my stomach, making me laugh.

He moved up so he was face to face with me.
"Clay and Karl are making dinner." He told me.
"I'm really not hungry. It's hard to eat when I'm in pain." I told him, shutting my eyes.
"I know, but we gotta make sure the babies are fed, right?"
I groaned "yes, yes. I know."

I opened my eyes and he was still looking at me, and he kissed my forehead.
"Let's go down." He grabbed my hand, and we walked downstairs together.

"Hi mommy!" Harper smiled at me, and looked down at her work.

She starts kindergarten in a couple weeks, so I wanted her to get a head start.

The boys and I have been helping her with her numbers, letters, and shapes.

"I'm smart mommy." She giggled, looking back up at me.
"You are very smart, sweetheart. You're gonna be the smartest one in your class." I smiled at her, and kissed her cheek.

I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the bar stools.

Clay put the spatula down, and came over to me. He kissed my lips, and wrapped his arms around me.
"You hungry?" He asked
"Not really, but I want healthy babies." I told him.
"Ribs still hurting?" He asked, going back to the stove, and flipping the burger patties.
"Yep."
"After dinner, we can lay down and watch Grey's Anatomy, okay?"

That made me smile, him knowing that was my favorite show.
"Sounds great."

We all ate dinner, and then I put the girls to bed.

When I went downstairs, I saw Clay putting Grey's Anatomy on, and I laid next to him. He wrapped his arms around my, running his fingers through my long hair.

He kissed the side of my head, and squeezed me tighter.

Everyone began falling asleep one by one, but I wasn't tired at all. Watching the show is keeping my mind away from my chest pain, so I just kept watching more and more episodes.

I hadn't checked the time in a while.

But soon, I realized the sun beginning to shine through the window.

"What's the hell..?" I mumbled.

Whatever. I just kept watching more grey's anatomy.

After a couple more episodes, I heard shuffling from the couch to my left, and saw Karl moving around in Alex's arms.

I looked away from him, and back to the tv.
"You're up early." I heard Karls raspy voice say.
"Mm" I mumbled
I heard him sigh lightly. "You didn't even sleep, did you."

I looked at him for a second, and looked back to the tv.
"You're gonna take a good nap today." He said
"Nope." I told him, adjusting myself, due to Clays arms jabbing into my hip.

He stood up, and came over, kissing my forehead, and going upstairs, probably to brush his teeth and change.

I thought that I should do the same, so I slowly removed myself from Clays grasp, and stood up, stretching and going upstairs.