Chapter 2 - 2014

Over his two seasons at Toro Rosso, a lot of things had happened.

Cassandra ended up leaving her job and Perth and moving to Faenza with Daniel...who bought the house they saw on their last day. They have done some renovations to it to make it more modern and already had plenty of visitors stay over...Daniels Parents , his sister and some of their friends.

They had been dating for just over 3 years now but ever since he got that full time seat on Red Bull for the 2014 season next door to Sebastian Vettel, he's been getting slightly more distant. But Cass decided not to read too much into it.

Following the move to Faenza, Cassandra had found another social media job working for Mercedes. Red Bull had offered her a job but she didn't want to work that closely with Daniel, she thought it might have come across as a bit unprofessional. So she happily worked alongside Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg. Her and Lewis had gotten quite close and he's been like her big brother taking her under his wing.

The first races of the year went really well for Mercedes with Lewis and Nico winning the first 6 grand prixs. She felt sorry for Daniel...of course she did.

They had two weeks between Monaco and Canada so Daniel and Cassandra went back to Faenza. She had been feeling a bit under the weather for the last few weeks but she just put it under the stress of working for Formula One.

Before they knew it it was time to get packed to fly to Montreal.

"Hey babe, have you seen the lemon print dress I bought yesterday?" Cassandra asked while sitting cross legged on the bed packing her suitcase.

"Here you go" Daniel just threw the dress at her before walking back out the bedroom.

"Thank you", she mumbled quietly to herself.

The rest of the day was spend with both of them ignoring each other. Cassandra was not in the mood to deal with a moody Daniel.

The next morning they took a taxi to the airport and checked in for their flight but one of the perks of Daniel driving for Red Bull was that they got to use the team jet.

About 10 hours later they landed in Montreal. It was the middle of summer so it was hot and everyone was sweating. A couple of vans were already waiting for them outside the airport to take everyone to the hotel. The team had booked out a couple of floors of the Ritz Carlton Hotel  for everyone.

Once everyone had received their room keys, Daniel took Cass' hand and the two of them made their way to the lifts. "Hey I'm sorry I've been so distant lately"

Cass looked over to him with a raised eyebrow.

He squeezed her hand gently "I know, I feel horrible about the attitude I've had towards you these last few weeks. It's just with this new start at red bull I wanted to make a a good impression " he leaned down to kiss the top of her head.