Chapter 7 - 2019

After giving birth to Grace nearly 4 years ago she took a year of working for Mercedes and then once her Maternity leave was over she stayed more working behind the scenes, helping her replacement with slowly taking over the role fully.

When grace was two years old, Cassandra handed in her resignation to Toto with the reasoning being that she wanted to spend more time with her daughter. He totally understood that and wished her good luck and the promise of writing her the best recommendation letter whenever she decided to need it.
~~~~~~~~~~

It was now the day before Grace' birthday and Cassandra had spend majority of the night decorating the house ready for the next day. Lewis, Angela and Michael were planning on coming over for breakfast before the few friends Grace had invited came over.

 Lewis, Angela and Michael were planning on coming over for breakfast before the few friends Grace had invited came over

Once the last details were finished, she quickly refreshed her emails...not really expecting anything and then nearly choking on her own saliva when she saw who send her an email.

Through she years she had kept up to date with the world of F1. So she knew that Daniel got signed to Renault for two seasons and was sadly not doing too well. It seemed that the car was not working as well as he had hoped.
So the fact that there was an email in her inbox from Zac Brown..the Team Principle of McLaren offering her a job had her speechless.
She decided to sleep on it and speak to Lewis tomorrow about it to see what he thought.

The next morning

Cassandra knew that it was only a matter of time before her daughter came running into her room to get her up. Seems like Grace had inherited her mothers impatience.

The door to her room started creaking open and little footsteps made their way across the room. A little hand made it's way onto her cheek "mama wake up"

Cassandra opened one eye to look at her daughter "good morning Sweetheart"

"Mama it's my birthday!!" The little girl now carefully climbers onto her mothers bed and was about to start jumping when her mother grabbed her "ahhhhhhh"

Cassandra grabbed her daughter into a tight embrace "happy birthday my darling. You are 4 today. God I love you so much" she placed a gentle kiss on Grace' cheek.

"I love you too mama but can we get breakfast now" the little girl got out of her embrace and jumped off the bed and headed back to her room to get her favourite teddy .

"Of course we can Grace, give me two second and I'll be right there". As promised she quickly got up and by the time she got to the stairs Grace was waiting to take her hand to go down the stairs.

As they walked into the kitchen Cassandra turned her little girl to where she had decorated "surprise". Grace wriggled her hand out of her mothers and ran over to the table "mummy ...look at all the unicorns...I love it" she kept exploring everything that was on the table.

Cassandra turned back to the coffee machine and grabbed a mug to get it going. "Now what would you like for breakfast darling?

"Pancakes please mama" Grace said nicely before climbing onto her chair and doing some drawings in the paper her mum left there for her. Before long both girls were sitting happily at the table eating their pancakes...with birthday sprinkles for Grace of course. There was one thing that Cassandra hadn't told her daughter and that was the surprise that was arriving in about an hours time.