Chapter 6 - 2015 part 2

Well whoever thought having a baby is quick lied. It is definitely not quick. Over 24hours later even Michael has managed to get here before this girl is born but because my waters have been broken for over 24 hours now they have started giving me some medicine to get these contractions more consistent and get this baby out.

Lewis was sitting on my left and Michael on my right, ready to hold my hands whenever a contraction hit.

Well colour me surprise. After just an hour of getting the medicine and only 10 mins of pushing I gave birth to a beautiful 7lbs2oz baby girl.

"I can't believe she's here", I said staring at this beautiful little person lying on my chest.

" we are so proud of you Cass. You are going to be a great mum" Michael said and Lewis nodded his head in agreement "and I promise I won't tell you know who what you said when you were getting her out"

I gave a long hard stare at him "you better not. He chose not to be a part of this". While pushing this little girl out I may or may not have cried out that I wanted Daniel there. Call it a moment of weakness but it's not like he'll ever find out about this. "Hey Lewis, would you like to hold your goddaughter?"

Lewis eyes bugged out "yes please". He came over to my bed and I carefully placed my daughter in his arms. "Are you ever gonna tell us her name?" He said without taking his eyes off her.

I quickly looked over at Michael who was thankfully looking at my child "Her name is Grace Isabelle Ricciardo"

Michael's head popped up when he heard it " you gave her his last name? Why would you do that?". I could feel a tear going down my face "I did it because no matter what happened between Daniel and I, he will always be her father and I want her to have at least some sort of connection to his family. Speaking of his family, Michael do you know if he ever told his parents?".

He gave me a sad smile and shook his head "I don't think he ever did Darling".

"I thought as much"

Lewis got up from his chair and gave me Grace back "I think I'm going to head off and let you have some alone with your little girl".

"Wait for me Lewis, I'll come with you". With that Michael grabbed his jacket and both of them gave me a kiss on the head. "Just text one of us when you can go home and we'll pick you guys up. Love you darling".

"Thank you guys, love you too". The door closed behind them and then it was just my little girl and I.

I kept stroking the side of her little face...she felt so soft. I started quietly singing a song that I had sung throughout my whole pregnancy. I had actually written it myself for Daniel as stupid as it may sound. Not like he's going to ever hear it.

Grace started rooting around so I latched her on and she started eating like a champ.

"We said forever and said it too soon
But at least now I know, nobody feels like you do
You were all that I wanted
You know that you still are
I'm breaking the silence to say

If in 10 years time
I'm still on your mind
Would you call and
Say you want this
No matter where we are
You still have my heart"

I hadn't even realised that I started crying until I saw my tears falling on her face. I carefully wiped them off and noticed that Grace had finished. I carefully put her on my shoulder and tried burping her.

*Burp*

"Well that was a loud burp for a little lady ", I chuckled and carefully placed her in the bassinet next to my bed before leaning back in my own bed and trying to get some sleep because sooner rather than later she'll be awake for another feed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: she's here!!!!

This chapter wasn't going to be super long but just wait what the next ones have in store.