Chapter Three: Nightmares Past

After that, both decided to get some rest. Nightmare laid down and closed his eyes starting to reminisce about when he was younger.

{Flash back Start}
Nightmare fell to the ground as an older looking man stood over him. The man has medium white hair with a streak of red matching his red eyes. He wore a standard Japanese kimono which was also red and he had scars on his hands and some across his two eyes. The man smiled and held his hand out which nightmare grabbed. After helping him up he spoke. "Aye your making great progress my pupil." The old man spoke. Nightmare looked at him with his usual serious look "hm I guess Sensei Yuri." The young swordsmen walked over to a seat and sat down as Yuri followed him. "Nightmare I have lighter swords, I think you would benefit from-."
       However Nightmare cut him off before he could finish. "I prefer heavier swords" he said with a quiet and rushed tone. "I see." Both of the swordsmen sat quietly as Yuri began brewing some tea. "Nightmare I understand that being serious is important for a swordsmen but there is nothing wrong with lighten up." Yuri explained while serving Nightmare some tea. "If I'm not serious then I will not be effective in combat Sensei." Yuri smiled and shook his head.
        "My pupil, if you don't open up you cannot let anyone in." He rationalized with him. The two then quietly drank tea for a bit before Nightmare stood up. "Can we train some more?" The boy asked before Yuri shook his head. "Nightmare when I adopted you it wasn't to turn you into a sword fighting machine, I adopted you because you were an orphan born from war." Yuri said but Nightmare sighed and looked down, staying quiet. "Sensei...I want to be the best swordsmen." This made Yuri smile proudly at him "I like your dedication, very well let's train." He said before they both resumed training.