Chapter Six: Nightmares Past Part Four

The city of Leyndell stood before Nightmare and Seifuku, its once-grand architecture now marred by the darkness that had enveloped its streets. They had come to face the Tree Sentinels.
Nightmare tightened his grip on his sword, The Nemesis, the weight of their mission pressing upon his shoulders. Beside him, Seifuku exuded an aura of unwavering determination, his eyes ablaze with righteous fury.
The clash of steel resonated through the air as the battle began. The Tree Sentinels were relentless, their armor glinting in the pale moonlight as they attacked with unmatched precision. But Nightmare and Seifuku fought back with unwavering resolve, their blades cutting through the ranks of their foes.
After what seemed like an eternity, they finally emerged victorious, the fallen knights strewn across the battlefield. Their victory, however, was short-lived as they made their way to the throne room, where the ominous figure of Morgott, the Omen King, awaited them.
Morgott's voice echoed through the room, his words dripping with disdain. "Graceless Tarnished, what is thy business with these thrones? Ahh... Godrick the Golden. The twin prodigies, Miquella and Malenia. General Radahn. Praetor Rykard. Lunar Princess Ranni. Wilful traitors, all. Thy kind are all of a piece. Pillagers. Emboldened by the flame of ambition. Have it writ upon thy meager grave, felled by King Morgott! Last of all kings."
The air crackled with tension as the battle commenced. Nightmare and Seifuku exchanged glances, their determination unwavering. They engaged Morgott, his magic and cunning proving to be a formidable challenge. But their bond and unwavering resolve guided their blades, striking at Morgott with precision.
With a final, decisive blow, Morgott fell, his reign crumbling around him. The room fell silent, the weight of their victory hanging heavy in the air.
But the moment of triumph shattered as Seifuku, once a mentor and father figure, suddenly handcuffed Nightmare. The betrayal sliced through Nightmare's heart like a blade, his eyes wide with disbelief.
Seifuku's voice was filled with a cold detachment as he spoke, his words cutting through the air like a chilling wind. "Nightmare, I raised you to be a warrior, a force to be reckoned with. But you are no longer of use to me. I banish you to Limgrave, where your potential will wither away."
As the darkness of Limgrave swallowed Nightmare, he descended into a deep slumber.
When Nightmare finally awoke, he found himself in a small, run-down village on the outskirts of civilization. A merchant named Kale approached him, eyes filled with a mix of curiosity and concern.
"Stranger, you have been in a deep slumber for a year," Kale explained. "I have heard whispers of Seifuku, of his quest to reach the mountaintops of the giants, burn the Erdtree, and unlock the power of the Elden Ring to become an Elden Lord"
Nightmare's fists clenched, his eyes filled with a newfound determination. "Seifuku will pay for his betrayal. I will hunt him down and avenge those he has wronged."