Chapter Five: Nightmares Past Part 3

The winds howled through the dense forest as Nightmare and Seifuku ventured deeper into the heart of darkness.Their latest assignment was to track down and eliminate Grotto, a fearsome demon terrorizing nearby settlements.
Nightmare's steps were swift and purposeful, his senses sharpened by the imminent danger. Suddenly, a chunk of metal caught his foot amidst a tangle of roots. He knelt down and picked a magnificent sword, its blade shimmering with an ethereal glow.
"The Nemesis," Nightmare whispered, his voice filled with awe as he marveled at the weapon's imposing stature. It measured roughly 60 inches long, 12 inches wide, and about 2 inches in depth. It felt like an extension of his very soul.
Seifuku, always attuned to his surroundings, approached Nightmare, a knowing smile on his lips. "It seems fate has chosen you, Nightmare. Embrace The Nemesis, but remember, true power comes from within."
As they journeyed onwards, their steps grew heavier, anticipation mingling with the looming dread of their encounter with Grotto. They knew that their lives were at stake, but their resolve burned bright.
In due time, they found themselves face to face with the dreaded demon. Grotto's monstrous form towered over them, a grotesque visage of chaos and malevolence. The battle ensued, the clash of steel and the crackle of arcane energies filling the air.
Nightmare moved roughly. His strikes were deadly, slashing through the air with deadly intent. Seifuku fought alongside him, his blade dancing with elegant precision.
But the demon Grotto was no ordinary foe. With a single blow, he sent Seifuku crashing to the ground, unconscious and defenseless. Grotto's eyes gleamed with sadistic pleasure as he turned to Nightmare, his gaze fixated on the necklace adorning Seifuku's neck.
"Ah,this jewel," Grotto sneered, his voice dripping with malice. "If you are truly his friend then death shall follow you."
Fear gripped Nightmare's heart as he knelt by Seifuku's side, cradling him in his arms. His mind raced, torn between his duty to protect his friend and the overwhelming weight of Grotto's words.
Braving the pain of uncertainty, Nightmare carried Seifuku back to their camp, tenderly tending to his wounds. Seifuku stirred, his eyes fluttering open, and he locked gazes with Nightmare.
"Nightmare, how do you fight with such precision, even with a blindfold?" Seifuku inquired, his voice laced with curiosity.
A wistful smile curved Nightmare's lips as he clasped Seifuku's hand. "I rely on a power called bunshoku. It allows me to sense the world around me, as long as I am in contact with the ground. It grants me a different kind of sight."
Seifuku's eyes sparkled with curiosity. As he pondered what Nightmare could develop in the future.