1

"Grace! I'm home!" Alex called as soon as he came in through the garage.

"Kitchen!" Grace called back, already packing snacks for their first trip to LA for the clash. "How was it?"

"Fine," He shrugged.

"That's all you ever say. You truly are a man of very few words," she chuckled, "You ready for this weekend?"

"Aren't you the one that said I've been climbing the walls since October?" He asked, going through the mail that mainly was nothing but junk.

"Yes. And the season wasn't even over. But you have been. I've been enjoying my time, sitting inside and streaming movies," she laughed, turning around to face him.

"And throwing snowballs at me,"

"That too," she laughed, "Just means I love you, darling,"

"That's true love, huh?" He joked, pulling her close to him.

"I didn't throw a rock at you, did I?" She asked, chuckling a little before she kissed him, "How was the meeting for real, though?"

"Good," he nodded, "Luncheon is tomorrow, and then we leave on Thursday morning,"

"When is the bus coming for me to pack it up?" She asked, looking up at him since she was only 5'5 and barely reached above his shoulder.

"Probably in 20 minutes. Last time I checked, they were gassing up and going to be on their way,"

She nodded and started piling things up on the couch to put in the bus. She made sure she had all of her favorite outfits as well as scrubs for when she worked in the care center.

She was employed by NASCAR to work in the care center primarily for the Cup drivers, but she helped out where she was needed as well. This was going to be the first year they were testing it out, and she was hoping they'd keep up with it. She had been working in the hospital for years, doing the same shifts Monday to Wednesday, and then she'd spend Thursday through Sunday with her husband at the race.

With this job, she'd be able to have the best of both worlds. She'd have Monday through Wednesday off and then be able to still spend Thursday through Sunday with Alex and at the tracks.

"You excited for the new job?" He asked, helping her fold things into piles.

"Yes and no," she shrugged, "It'll suck that I can't watch you during the race unless i'm on break, but it'll also be good because I won't be sitting there holding my breath until the race is over and you're out of the car,"

"Just don't freak out if you see something happen on TV. They always make it look-"

"Worse than it is, I know," she chuckled, looking over at him as she folded things into neat piles.

The bus soon arrived in the driveway, and they both got to work, making it their home away from home.

While they mostly flew everywhere, the bus was where they ate, slept, and relaxed when they were at the track. The bus was now where she'd go after shifts to relax and change before seeing her hubby on Pit Road or in Victory Lane.