Pre-race ceremonies started, and for Grace, it kinda sucked. She was used to standing by Alex and giving him one last kiss before he got in the car. This job was making that hard, and she wasn't about to ask if she could be out there for pre-race. Even though it probably wouldn't matter.

As soon as the pre-race ceremonies ended, the cars started rolling off the grid and onto the track for a few pace laps.

"First big race. You ready?" Tyler asked as he sat in the free chair next to Grace.

"Yeah. Kinda sucks that I couldn't be with him until he was in the car, but I'll get over that," she shrugged, "I hate the long tracks,"

"Well, maybe we could work that out so you can be with him for the pre-race and then just come here. Not like any of the drivers are coming in during pre-race," He shrugged, looking over at her as she just shrugged.

"Do you really think that? Because I would love to do that so I can at least stand by him and kiss him before he gets in the car. He came in today, but I don't want him to have to do that every time,"

"Then just do that. I don't mind one bit as long as you get here before the cautions start flying," he chuckled, "Like I said, no drivers are coming in during pre-race,"

"Thanks, Tyler," She smiled a little as she watched the TV coverage start naming off the rows and talk to a few of the drivers. "I love the car this year,"

"You love it every year,"

"Because it's the only one I really watch for," She chuckled, grabbing her water bottle and taking a sip as they ran a few pace laps and checked pit speed, "Alright, here we go,"

"Say your prayers now,"

She nodded and listened for the sound she would never admit she loved, but it was the revving of engines outside.

Alex and Kyle Larson went back and forth for the lead for a few laps before Kyle's line ultimately pulled ahead and left Alex's line, starting in 4th place. Christopher Bell took the lead and kept Alex right behind him as their line began to pull ahead slowly.

"i'm shocked no one has tried anything yet," Tyler shrugged, both of them watching as both lines tried to pull ahead.

"Please don't put that in the universe when my guy is doing really well," She chuckled, keeping her eyes glued to the TV, "It's so weird to hear them out there and on TV,"

"I'm sure we'll get used to it,"

"I like being here, though. It's nice not to be anxious that i'm gonna miss it because my schedule got changed at work,"

"Yeah, that sucked for you. You were barely at your desk but always had it playing for when you came back,"

"And got me written up several times by the monster," She chuckled, thinking back to their old boss.

"I know, she was awful. I didn't have to deal with her, and I hated her," he nodded, "I don't blame you for wanting to leave,"

"When Alex told me they were doing this, I immediately applied and somehow got it," she shrugged, "And then I dragged you along,"