The following day, Grace woke up to her alarm going off at 10 AM.

They were supposed to be up by 7.

"Alex, get up!" She yelled, jumping out of bed quickly.

"What?" He just mumbled, not bothering to move his head from the pillow.

"We overslept. Get. Up," she said as she tried to shake him out of his sleep.

"What time is it?"

"Does it matter?! Let's go!" She said as she ran into the closet and picked a simple shirt and a pair of jeans to wear.

They still had to pack the rest of their things, and Grace thanked her lucky stars that they decided to drop the dogs off at the doggy daycare they usually went to. She grabbed all of their chargers, her favorite blanket, and pillow before she threw it in the Tahoe, and they both got in.

The Hendrick plane was set to leave around 11, and now at 10:34, they now had a 25-minute drive with traffic to make it on time. At least, they hoped.

"Did we get everything?" Alex asked as he pulled out of their driveway and headed towards the Hendrick Motorsports campus.

"If we didn't, it's too late now," she sighed, and she brushed her hair in the car and threw it into a ponytail. "As long as I have you, my phone, and my purse, I'm set,"

"Did you grab my phone?"

"You better be joking," she said as she looked over at him.

"Grace, did you ever see how the car says Alex's phone?" He chuckled as he pointed to the corner of the screen where it said who was connected.

"You are impossible," she chuckled, getting on her phone to check her schedule for the weekend.

"And you are blind,"

"Oh, would you just drive sassy pants," she laughed, shaking her head at her husband.

They soon arrived at the campus and immediately got on the plane with the rest of the team, and they were off.

The flight was only about 5 hours, and Grace pretty much played on her phone the entire time. How Alex could sleep the whole flight, she had no clue, but her husband surprised her at least once every day. Even though they'd been married for five years.

When they landed in LA, they got to the track and immediately found their bus in the lot to unpack the rest of their things.

After that, they made a quick dinner and spent the rest of the night watching movies on the couch.

——————

Grace was up early in the morning and getting her things together for the day. She would be in the care center for practice and qualifying for any crashes or if any of the fans came in. She could watch when it was Alex's turn to see how he did, but beyond that, she'd be helping out wherever she was needed.

Once she had everything ready for the day, she started making breakfast when she heard the TV in their bedroom click on.

"Get up, lazy bones. I'm making breakfast," she called.