Grace was extremely grumpy in the morning after being woken up several times throughout the night. She knew why, but it was still annoying to get to sleep and then be woken up a few hours later. Luckily, the baby was doing really well and she had Alex there until the following Thursday. She'd have to stay in the hospital for the next 10 weeks.

"Do you want some breakfast?" Alex asked, looking up from his phone.

"I want to get some sleep," she sighed, "Without being woken up,"

"You know why they are though," he said as he sat on the bed by her legs.

She nodded slightly and tried to soften her attitude and crankiness but all she wanted was sleep.

"I'll go get you something and then you can go to bed," Alex nodded, kissing her cheek before he left the room.

Grace just sighed and laid in bed, turning on the TV to occupy her mind. Alex would be in the cafeteria for a few minutes and she just wanted something to relax to. She settled on a random movie, mindlessly watching as she rubbed her belly.

Alex came back with her favorite, which actually wasn't the awful hospital food that she was expecting.

"My favorite," she grinned, sitting up as much as she could while he unpacked the bag of food.

"I wasn't about to feed you the awful hospital food when I could easily run out and grab this," he chuckled, setting the tray in front of her so she could eat. "I also stopped at home and grabbed your laptop, chargers, and your journal so you could keep your mind busy while I'm gone,"

"You thought of everything, didn't you?" She smiled, setting the bag of her things on the floor by her bed.

"I tried," he chuckled, "I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous to leave you all alone,"

"I'll be fine," she promised, leaning back in her bed as she started eating her breakfast.

They both ate and spent the morning together for the last few days before he would go back to racing.

Thursday came way too soon and he was having to leave for Nashville. She knew he was leaving early afternoon, so she was hoping he would stop by.

Like clockwork, Alex came into the room ready to go but he needed to see her before he left.

"Here I am," Alex smiled as he came into the hospital room.

"Hey," she smiled a little, somewhat sad that she wasn't going with him.

"It's gonna be weird without you there,"

"I know," she sighed, "But it's only 10 weeks,"

"And you'll be watching on TV," he nodded, kissing her cheek. "I don't want to leave so soon but I have to get down there,"

"Alright," she nodded, carefully getting out of bed so she could hug him, "Be safe,"

"I will. I promise,"

"You better," she nodded, kissing him before she gave him one more hug. "I love you so much,"

"Love you both," he smiled, kissing her before leaning down and kissing her belly.

"We'll be watching," she promised, one more time before he had to leave.

She settled back into bed, turning on the TV to a random show that she was sure she'd seen before. It was weird without Alex there, and it would be like this for 10 weeks.

She'd texted Malorie, who seemed like she'd be happy to come and hang out with her while they were in town.

"Knock knock," she smiled, bringing in some flowers for her sister as she came in.

"Hey," Grace smiled, hugging her as she came over.

"How are you doing?" Malorie asked, setting the flowers on the counter in the room.

"I'm doing alright. Kinda nervous about how stir-crazy I'm gonna go since I'm here for 10 weeks," she chuckled a little, rubbing her belly as she laid back.

"Well Alex should be here whenever he's not racing, right?"

"Should be. But it's those few days without him that are gonna be hard,"

"I feel the same without Gavin," she shrugged, "So I guess I get it. I'll be here whenever he's not racing,"

"We'll definitely have to order food. The stuff here is gross," She shook her head, looking at her phone to see what she could order. "What sounds good?"

"Anything honestly," Malorie shrugged, picking the channel on the TV. Luckily a good show was on while they both waited to hear from their husbands.

Grace ordered a pizza for them, keeping it pretty easy for them as they watched TV.

They heard from both Alex and Gavin within a few hours and Malorie ended up having to leave but promised to be back in the morning. Grace laid back, watching TV until her husband's name popped up on her phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey. We landed. It's really weird that you're not here," Alex's voice came over the phone.

"9 weeks and counting," she sighed, "But I'll be watching here with Malorie,"

"I'm glad you're not alone,"

"Me too,"