Ch 8

Meanwhile, the hero of the kingdom had fallen into one of those rainbow portholes as well. Unlike his brother, Mario wound up in a place called Dimmsdale. The city name was unfamiliar to the plumber but he was hopeful that he would find Luigi here. What he found was a very angry teen babysitting a young, underweight goofy looking kid. Mario had already shooed off the teen, leaving the man in red with the goofy looking kid alone. The goofy kid looked at him, as if he was mulling something over. Behind him was a tank of three goldfish.

He finally said, "Thank you."

Mario started to say, "Glad you are okay, kid. My name is..."

Timmy cut to the chase, "Mario. Thee Super Mario. I know."

Mario was totally confused, "You do?"

The kid nodded, "Yeah, played your games a dozen times."

Mario was still confused but changed the subject, "Maybe you can help me then? I'm looking for my brother, Luigi?"

The kid paled for a minute but was brief. It wasn't noticed by Mario, though. "Sorry, haven't seen anyone else but you." Mario grumbled a bit under his breath. Of course it wasn't going to be easy. The kid introduced, "My name is Timmy Turner. And I wish to help you find your brother."

Mario smiled a bit, "Thank you so much!"

Unknown to the plumber; Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof granted Timmy's wish. They poofed up a map that appeared behind Timmy's back. Timmy brought out the map and showed it to Mario. They sat on his couch. Timmy opened the map.

The pink hated boy stated, "Okay, we're here. And according to my, uh, detective friends, your brother is...here." He pointed to where there was an x on the map. He further added, "Looks to be in Baltimore, Maryland. In a place called Freddy Fazbear's Pizza?"

Mario repeated, "Freddy Fazbear's? Why does that sound familiar?"

Timmy replied, "They were a very popular pizzeria that was franchised over 15 years ago. They used to have a location here before Joseph McHaels sold the place to Scott Cawthon." Mario did a double take and before he could ask, Timmy quickly explained, "School project I had to do."

Mario stated, "Oh, yeah! You are right! There used to be one in Brooklyn, too. Before Luigi and I..."

That's when the man in red trailed off as he looked at the 12 year old. Did he know about it...?

Timmy placed his hand on Mario's shoulder, "It's okay, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

Mario was grateful as he playfully played with Timmy's hair. To that, the bucked tooth boy laughed.

Mario asked, "You ready to head to Baltimore then?"

Timmy answered, "You bet!"

With that, the two of them headed off. The fairies quickly became Timmy's hat, backpack, and his notebook. The fairies had left a note for Timmy's parents, in case they got worried.

...

When the two got to the airport, the plumber had noticed there were a lot of flights out to Baltimore. And he didn't even know where Luigi would be once they got there.

Mario turned to Timmy, "Hey, once we get to Baltimore, we should find your detective friends and see if they can help us further!"

Timmy laughed nervously, "Oh, how they wish to help!" Cosmo and Wanda waved their wands, poofing into their human disguises. Wanda looked more like a detective, though. Cosmo just looked like himself. Timmy showed them to Mario, "Why, here they are now! Waiting for us to go with them!"

Cosmo said, "I'm Cosmo."

Wanda said, "And I'm Wanda!"

Both of them said in unison, "And we are, uh, your fairly good detectives!"

Mario smiled, "Nice to meet you! I'm Mario Manfredi!"

While Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof did a double take; the only one that wasn't surprised was Timmy. He knew, of course he did.

Wanda quickly recovered, "Uh, are you ready to go to Baltimore?"

Mario answered, "You bet! C'mon Timmy!"

Timmy reassured, "Right behind you!"

With that, they boarded the plane and took off for Baltimore.

...

Timmy must've fallen asleep on the flight. The next thing he remembered was them getting off the plane, Mario chatting with Cosmo and Wanda. Poof yawned, bringing back the attention of the plumber. Timmy faked a yawn, not wanting for Mario to get suspicious.

Mario turned to them, "So...where are your headquarters?"

Cosmo dumbly said, "I don't know where they have the head but I know where the quarter is!"

Wanda pushed him to the side, "We have a headquarters just down the lane, right Timmy?"

Timmy replied, "Right and I wish we would go there right now."

Quickly and without Mario catching on, the fairies poofed up a headquarters. They went right down the lane and quickly went to work. They found out that Luigi was still at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Mario felt relieved.

Mario breathed, "Oh thank goodness... After all of those nightmares, I just want to get Weegie and I home."

Timmy raised a brow, "Nightmares? What nightmares?"

Mario looked at him, then at Cosmo and Wanda. He then turned back to Timmy. He admitted, "It's a long story."

Wanda replied, "Well, whatever the case is, we're happy to help you to get to there."

Cosmo dumbly added, "Yeah, even without the nickel!"

Mario turned to Wanda, "That would be great."

Timmy told the hero of the kingdom, "Then close your eyes and wish with all your might that we can get there quickly!"

The plumber raised a brow but did as he was told. Wanda, Cosmo, and Poof waved their wands and headed to Freddy's.

...

To his utter surprise, Mario found himself out of the pizza place. Timmy was there with him as was Cosmo and Wanda. Before the man in red could ask...

"Malleo?"

Mario turned on his heel. Right there, in front of him, was Luigi.

"Weegie!" He cried happily, the tears in his eyes. He ran towards the ghost hunter, hugging him tightly. He sobbed on Luigi's shoulder. Luigi returned the hug, crying as well. He admitted, "I thought I lost you!"

Luigi rubbed his back, "I promise... I'm okay..." He turned to Timmy. He whispered, "Thank you, old friend."

Timmy waved him off and whispered, "Anytime."

Luigi held his brother close. Whatever what was going to happen next, at least they will face it together. Everyone watched them from afar, smiling at the two brothers.

...

Wishmaker1028: Together again! But how are they going to get to the Mushroom Kingdom? Find out soon! Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!