06. seven years bad luck

[06]
"to kiss and tell."

WELTHAM HALL, 9:30pm

WELTHAM HALL,
9:30pm

TOMMY HAD WARNED her to stay where she was, right here in these gardens. He assured her he'd come back, but time was withering away and so was Alena's patience. Before she knew it, she was already making her way back to the mansion in a frantic manner. Was that scream her sister's? Did Tatiana get shot? These questions replayed over and over again, and now, she was running for dear life. England was meant to shield them from danger— yet it felt like ever since they had arrived, it was doing the exact opposite.

Tatiana let's out another shattering shriek, "I can't believe this! It's all over my dress, do you know this was imported from Paris!? Paris!"

"Be grateful it's only wine and not your own fucking blood." Tommy says half heartedly, putting his gun back into his inner pocket. "That bullet just about missed you and John."

Amongst their business with the Russians and Churchill, the peaky blinders were facing war with the Italians.

It all erupted from an argument between John and Angel Changretta— the son of the infamous Mr Changretta, a powerful man that didn't take defeat as an answer. Soon enough, the Italians had declared war by attacking The Garrison, and they were out for more blood. They must've saw tonight as the perfect opportunity to strike by sending a hitman to murder John. However, the bullet went astray and ended up hitting a wall near where Tatiana and John were talking, missing him by centimetres

"What's going on?!" Alena bursts into the building, panting heavily, looking around.

"I told you to stay where you were." Tommy scolds, surprised to see her. "It's not safe."

Tatiana immediately looks up, her face paralysed at the sight of her younger sister. The second Tommy had found Alena, he had alerted her family and Churchill. Yet, seeing her again alive and healthy still came as a shock.

"Lena?! Oh my goodness!" Tatiana runs up to her, pulling her sister into the tightest embrace. "You really are alive!"

"Yes, yes I am, but are you hurt??" Alena starts analysing Tatiana for any signs of injury. "I heard you screaming from the gardens."

"No, I'm fine but my dress isn't. All the fucking commotion caused me to spill wine on myself." Tatiana frowns, looking down at her dress. "But what were you doing out in the gardens?"

"I, erm—" Alena quickly looks over at Tommy who was in the corner now talking to John. He must've felt her eyes on him because he instantly stared back with a stare that pierced her soul.