11. entanglements

[11]
"the stars see all."

LONDON,10:35pm

LONDON,
10:35pm

TATIANA WALKS INTO the bar with her head held high and a cigarette between her lips. She was wearing a nice fitting black dress and even nicer heels. She reapplies her crimson red lipstick before sitting down. She came here from time to time. The Peacock, a vibrant club in the heart of London with half decent drinks.

The duchess had already racked up quite the bill from the lifestyle she was living. Boutiques, bars, hotels and cafe's— her spending habits were out of control.

"I'll have the usual, Ronny." Tatiana smiles at the bartender before turning around and facing the tables of people. It was a busy night and they were people she hadn't seen before.

However, once face stood out more than the others.

Arthur Shelby. And he was downing a bottle of who knows what, it didn't seemed to bother him that he was sat all alone.

It bothered Tatiana. And not in a sympathetic way.

"Excuse me, sir?" Tatiana calls, getting the attention of a passing waiter. "Can you please send your most expensive champagne to that gentleman over there?" She points to Arthur. "I'll take care of the bill."

The waiter nods, walking away. Tatiana sits back, smoking her cigarette with a plotting grin.

She didn't know much about Arthur, she had only ever spoken to John at the Shelby Foundation dinner. Yet she knew one obvious thing about the eldest Shelby, he had a wife.

The marriage was fairly new. They had no existing children. Yet something she didn't know was that he didn't have a particularly happy marriage.

Him and Linda were polar opposites. He was a cold blooded criminal through and through, and she was a controlling devout Christian.

Arthur tried his best to live up to her expectations, to hide his true self to please her.
However, there would be days he'd reach his limit and completely let loose.

And today was one of them.

A waiter walks over to his table, placing down
the champagne in front of him. His expression was slightly confused, but as the waiter explained to him, pointing at Tatiana, he began to realise.

Now Arthur had noticed her.

Tatiana waves a little before sipping her drink.
She was known to play games with people and get herself entangled in all sorts. Back in Russia, she had quite the reputation.