Page 92: Unexpected Guest:

"What a pleasure, my queen." King Midas said, bowing his head to her. "I thank you for honoring my daughter with your presence." King Midas smiled, trying not to show that he was scared of the queen.

"And thank you for your generous hospitality. I hope you don't mind; I brought some friends." She smirked, gesturing to some of her black knights coming into the room.

"There's my mom," Dream whispered when Emma moved over to Hook and Dream.

"This definitely was not in the plan," Emma whispered to the two of them.

"Breathe, love. She's a guest. The king's head would vanish to another realm if he didn't invite her." Hook explained to the girls when Dream looked terrified. 

"Yeah, yeah... good point." Dream sighed, while Hook held her close to him.

"Where's Charming?" Emma asked them, looking around when she didn't see her dad's past self.

Just a few minutes later, Midas's guards walked over to him. "My lord, Snow White was spotted in the castle." One of the guards whispered to his king. 

"The bandit Snow White? Here? Get her." Midas ordered when Hook, Dream, and Emma tried to sneak out of the room, unnoticed.

They walked out of one of the towers to see Snow White, who was climbing down the brick wall. "She did it! She must have stolen the ring!" Emma said, watching Snow run into the forest.

"You can't hide from me! Wherever you are, I will find you!"

They looked over to see David yelling out to Snow from the window. Dream and Emma smiled in accomplishment, and they actually hugged. "Mission accomplished. Now all we have to do--" Emma was cut off by a black knight archer when he pushed the girls over.

"You'll find her sooner than you think, my lord!" The archer said, talking about Charming's comment. 

He aimed at Snow, but Emma pushed him, causing him to miss. Emma moved to pick up the ring that Snow dropped when she tried to escape. She sat up, showing it to Hook and Dream.

"The ring." Dream gasped, knowing that their plan keeps getting more complicated.

"You've got to get it to Snow. Go! I got this." Hook said, looking at the black knights that were coming their way. He took his sword out, fighting them off as Dream and Emma ran down to the party, when the archer ran the other way, trying to stop the two of them.

"There they are! They helped the bandit escape." The archer yelled out, causing Emma and Dream to get surrounded by black knights.

"Going somewhere?" The Evil Queen asked the two girls, who had the look of terror on their faces.

"Regina, I--" Emma went to say, but Dream held her back.

"That's a bit informal, wouldn't you say?" The Evil Queen spat at her. "Show some respect. It's "Your Majesty"." She continued to say, when the black knights grabbed hold of Dream and Emma, when Hook rushed down, but hid in the ground, knowing he would have to save them. "Uh-huh... You're not going anywhere. Snow White may have left the party early, but I suspect your night has just begun. Take them away." She smirked at the girls.

"What do we do?" Dream whispered to Emma as the black knights ushered them out of the party.

"Stay calm. We'll figure this out." Emma whispered back to her.

"You sure?" Dream asked her.

"I hope so." Emma sighed, looking at the ring in her hand.

~season 3, episode 21: "Snow Drifts"~

~580 words~