Chapter 4

Jax's song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been about a week since Lee brought the injured half-ling home and he already knows that he will miss them once they left. The enby filled his empty house with laughter and the smell of raspberries. Lee was lucky that he was one of the few vampires that indulged in human food as well as blood, otherwise he wouldn't have had anything for Jax to eat and he didn't feel like it was safe to leave them alone in order to get food for them, Jax not being able to come with him due to the cold weather which had only gotten worse since their arrival.

Lee shuddered at the thought of the small being, lost in the cold, trying to find their way to a place they had no idea the location of. The vampire was immensely grateful that he chose to buy a more modern house, compared to the mansion many elders thought a vampire of his status should live in. Lee finished brushing Necros and checked to make sure he had enough food and water, along with blankets, before heading back to the house, morning sun just peaking over the horizon.

The smell of pancakes greeted the male when he opened the door. He could hear Jax singing to themself as they cooked, both things they enjoyed doing but were unable to in the hellhole they called a home before.

Lee stood in the doorway of the kitchen, watching the half fae move about, dragonfly like wings fluttering behind them. They seemed happy to finally have them out, used to hiding them away for fear of injury from the one they called 'father'. It's not like fae wings were easy to injure, but if it was cold enough or a person put enough effort into it, they could be severely damaged, rendering their owner flightless.

Jax caught sight of the vampire watching them and gave him a bright smile. How could anyone hate or want to hurt such a perfect person? It completely baffled Lee. "Pancakes are done!" Jax exclaimed, distracting Lee from his thoughts. Lee was not used to feeling this way about another person. He decided to ponder his feelings another time and helped Jax get out plates and syrup, grabbing a glass of blood from himself. That was another thing about Jax, they didn't seem bothered by his diet. Almost all non-vampires he had met grew uncomfortable if it was ever brought up, but other than when they first learned what Lee was, Jax didn't seem to care. Lee appreciated that.

"These are delicious," Lee stated after his first bite of pancakes.

Jax blushed and ducked their head. Cute. "Thank you." Breakfast passed quickly with the half fae talking about their life before and Lee adding small comments here and there, but for the most part content to let the enby talk to their heart's content. Nonetheless, by the time they had both finished and were washing their dishes, Lee's shit list had earned a few more names.

The vampire had just set aside a plate to dry when the doorbell rang. "Stay here," he told the curious half-ling. It's not often that he got visitors, much less unannounced ones. As Lee approached the door a sour scent greeted him, telling him exactly who was behind it. "Lord Fino," he greeted dryly and he opened the door. "Lady Akeldama. To what do I owe the pleasure of this unexpected visit?"

"Silly Lee," the blonde vampire giggled, throwing herself at the dark haired male, making him take a step back, "we sent a announcement days ago."

"It must have gotten lost," the elder vampire said dismissively, convincing Lee that no such announcement was sent. The intruding pair walked into the house as if they owned it, Lady Akeldama clinging to his arm despite his attempts to subtly dislodge her. "We are here to discuss your engagement to Akeldama."

WHAT? "That's right Lee," the blonde squealed. "When I heard you accepted my father's proposal I was so happy. We'll have such cute children together, don't ya think?"

Lee was pissed, but tried to control himself. "I fear there must be a misunderstanding Lady Akeldama. I do not remember agreeing to such a proposal."

"Nonsense! Your and Akeldama's engagement would be beneficial to both our families and your parents agreed with me! Now," the vampire turned to start walking towards the kitchen. SHIT! "Let's discuss this over some refreshments." He entered the room and a yelp could be heard moments before glass shattered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Here it is. Y'all have dragged me back to this story kicking and screaming. I do intend to finish this one this time. The plan is to update every weekend until I have the whole this written out, then I'll post all unpublished chapters at once. See y'all next time-Souls