Chapter 8

What the fuck is wrong with him? It's been two months, but he still couldn't get the half-fae to leave his thoughts. Were they ok? Was the pack that took them in treating them right? Jax had only lived with him for a month, but without them there the big house just seemed emptier than it had before the younger teen had been brought there.

For a month it had been filled with sounds of joy and the scent of raspberries. Now that scent had all but faded and the house was silent. A loud bang echoed through the house as the front door was thrown open and Lee sighed, make that almost silent.

"Are you still sulking Darling?" Lee hated that obnoxiously high pitched voice. "The halfbreed is gone. It's not coming back." God, he hated this bitch. "Leeeeee....Come on. Don't you care about what people are going to think about me if my husband is stuck on some mixed blood bas-" Oh fuck this shit.

"No I don't fucking care!" The enraged vampire whipped around to face the pest that had found its way into his home. "I don't care what anyone thinks of you and do you want to know why?!" He bared his fangs at her, eyes flashing green. "Because I am not your fiancé!" step "I am not your fucking mate!" step " And I will not be your FUCKING HUSBAND!" At this point he had nearly forced Akeldama back out the door she had left open when she barged in.

"Yes you are!" She shrieked, not ready to back down. "Your parents agreed that-"

"That what?" A new voice cut Akeldama off, bringing attention to the two figures standing just outside the door. The woman, having been the one to speak, had an annoyed look on her face.

Akeldama let out a squeak, "Count and Countess Narkissa!"

The Countess took a step forward, "Well? What exactly did we agree to? Because if I remember correctly we have rejected each and every proposal you and your father have sent." She gently nudged her son aside, invading the blonde's space. "Do you mean to tell me that I am misremembering that?"

"Well, you see.." The trapped vampire attempted to stutter out an excuse before falling silent.

The Count stepped forward, "I believe it is best for you to leave now. And," He slightly glared at the childish woman, "I believe that it is best if you and your father do not attempt to interact with my family anymore." For once the blonde made a smart decision and took the out that was given to her, quickly rushing out the door.

The family of three did not relax until they saw the carriage that had brought the nuisance disappear into the trees. Lee sighed, happy that was over, and closed the door. He turned to his parents, only to be pulled into a hug from both of them, their attitudes doing a complete 180. "Mom, Dad, not that I'm not happy to see you, but why are you here?"

"Why wouldn't we want to visit our baby?" His father cooed, pulling away from the hug to cradle Lee's face in his hands. "You haven't called in weeks? We wanted to check up on you."

"You could have just called me instead?"

"Would you have answered?" His mother questioned. Probably not considering most of the calls he got were from other nobles either trying to make sure he wasn't spelled or trying to set him up with their children. "Exactly Little Bat, plus..." His parents exchanged a look, "we heard about what happened with the halfling."

"They didn't spell me!"

"No, no. We know that Bat," she shot a look at her mate, "Help me Charles, you're much better at this than me."

"What your mother is trying to say is that we have never heard you as happy as you were when they were staying with you. You talked about them non-stop when you called us. And now that they're gone..." He trailed off.

Lee...Lee was tired. Tired of holding back his emotions. Tired of trying to stay strong for someone who was no longer there. He sank down to the floor, his parents following, not caring if their nice clothes got covered in dust and dirt. "I think I love them. But I didn't say anything and now they're gone and I don't know how I could get them back. Hell, I don't know if they would even want to come back. Vampires aren't known for liking mixed species matings or their offspring."

"Who gives a shit about what others think!" His father exclaimed. "Did you know that the nobles did not approve of your mother and I?"

Lee's head shot up from where it had been resting on his knees. "Really? Why?"

"Because, Lee, my Natalia was a low class orphan to them. But we didn't let that stop us and look at us now."

"Yes we had a hard time in the beginning, but if you really love someone, then you should be ready to fight for them Little Bat."

"But I don't even know how to contact them!"

His parents shared a smile, "Then it's a good thing their pack leader already contacted us."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So Lee's parents weren't originally going to be in this story, but I couldn't help myself. At least one of them needed good parents and I love the idea of this powerful vampire couple that defies the gender norms for their species. Charles is the more emotional one of the two, while Natalia is the fighter and diplomat. That's not to say that Charles is weak or Natalia is unemotional, because that is not true. If pushed they are ready to do anything to protect their family. Charles also speaks with a thick Russian accent and Natalia has a slight southern accent.

Charles: Aw yes, my beautiful and stunning wife.

Cuts to Natalia, covered in the blood of those who dared to insult her son and his mate.

Charles: Simply breathtaking.