Chapter 5

A/N: I had a male version of the song, but it got deleted.

Jax could faintly hear voices coming from the other room. Not enough to make out what they were saying, but enough to make out two foreign voices, a woman and a man, along with Lee's. Jax put their wings away, something only half-fae could do, as they were not comfortable with having them out around strangers. Lee was different though, for some reason Jax trusted him already.

The half-ling was lucky they put their wings away when they did as a gray haired vampire soon barged into the kitchen, fangs already out. Lee tended to keep his retracted unless he was drinking blood. The new vampire only looked around 30, despite already having gray hair. He took one look at Jax and grinned, showing off his fangs even more. "I never took Lord Narkissa as one to have servants. Though I am glad." He stepped closer and grabbed Jax by their shoulder, pulling them closer and causing them to yelp and drop the plate they had been washing. "I prefer my meals straight from the source."

There was a sudden wind, forcing Jax to close their eyes. When they opened them Lee was standing between them and the other vampire, hissing with his fangs bared and eyes red. "This behavior is highly inappropriate Lord Narkissa." The vampire huffed.

"So is drinking from someone without permission, Emilio." Lee hissed back.

Emilio rolled his eyes, "Fine next time I'll ask for your permission to drink from your servant." At this point a blonde lady had joined them in the kitchen, but Lee didn't seem to notice as Emilio's comment seemed to piss him off even more.

"They are not a servant and are off limits." He growled out.

The other two vampires looked confused. "Lee, darling, stop being silly. Why else would you have a servant if not to drink from him? Just leave the boy with my father so we can discuss our engagement!" The last word was squealed at such a high pitch it was nearly unrecognizable as a word. What drugs is this bitch on?

Lee took a moment to gather himself before speaking, fangs retracted but eyes still glowing red. "Get out."

"What?!"

"But what about our engagement, Lee darling." The women whined.

Lee glared at her, "Lady Akeldama, I request that you stop addressing me so familiarly. I fear your father has lied to you. I never agreed to mate with you and I never will." The women gasped, tears in her eyes, and glared at Jax before storming out

"Lord Narkissa! This is highly inappropriate! All over some bloodwhore!" The other vampire huffed out. "Your parents will hear about this!"

"I don't care. I doubt they agreed to your proposal anyway," Lee stated. "They have always been against arrangements like that." The man sputtered for a moment before following his daughter.

As soon as they left, Lee turned around and pulled Jax into a hug. The half-ling could feel the vampire shaking, eyes still glowing red with anger. Jax began to sing to calm Lee.

Wandering child of the earth

Do you know just how much you're worth?

You have walked this path since your birth

You were destined for more

There are those who'll tell you you're wrong

They will try to to silence your song

But right here is where you belong

So don't search anymore

Jax pulled Lee down until they were both sitting on the floor. The half-ling somehow ended up in his lap, cradling the others head against their chest. Lee had wrapped his arms around the enby's waist, holding them close.