Chapter 2

Lee let out a relieved sigh as he finally lost his pursuer in the crowd. That's the fifth one and I've only been here half an hour. He was extremely annoyed. This happened at every gathering he attended. As a high ranking vampire many sought him as a mate, a concept that Lee hated. It meant that at every social gathering he was bothered non-stop, but it would be considered rude if he refused an invitation. "Lord Narkissa." The vampire was pulled out of his thoughts by a servant offering him a glass from his tray.

"Thank you." Lee took the glass, dipping his head slightly to the servant, before moving to lean against a nearby wall. He raised the glass to his lips, taking a single sip before grimacing and placing the cup on the table right by him.

"Refreshments not to your liking Lord Narkissa?" Lee turned to face the newcomer and bow slightly.

"I have found that spiced blood simply does not hold the same appeal to me as plain blood does, Lord Fino." The older vampire hummed.

"Lady Eva is looking for you, as are many others." Lee curled his lip in displeasure. "Now, now. It's only a matter of time before you need to choose a mate. In fact, my daughter has displayed an interest in you." The gray haired man turned towards the younger vampire. "Think about it, a union between our families would reap many benefits."

"No offense to Lady Akeldama, but I do not believe myself ready to choose a mate just yet." Lee deeply bowed to the senior vampire, who showed not outward signs of anger but his eyes showed displeasure. "If you would excuse me." He bowed again and moved to greet the host, a low ranking aristocrat who was hoping to find his daughters mates.

After a few more hours of mingling, Lee decided he had been there long enough and, after saying some formal goodbyes to the others, mounted his pitch black stallion, Necros. It was just past sundown, vampires no longer being strictly nocturnal due to an enchantment created by magic users that would allow the wearer to walk in sunlight. Lee wasn't far from his house when his ears picked up the sound of howls and barks, along with something else crashing through the brush.

The vampire slowed his horse from a gallop trying to find what was making the sounds, as this was his territory and no wolves should be here. But the trees were too close together for even his nightvision to depict any figures, so the blue haired boy suddenly crashing through the trees and falling straight in his path startled him just as much as it startled Necros. The horse reared back, his front hooves failing at the boys head. Lee pulled on the reins in order to stop the horse from cracking open the kids skull and was eventually able to get Necros under control.

The vampire quickly dismounted and tried his horses reins to a nearby branch and crouched down by the boy, who flinched as soon as he came close. Lee leaned back, as much as to give the boy space and to observe him. He had blue hair that seemed to glow in the night and deep purple eyes. He was wearing blue jeans and a red long sleeved shirt. He was bare foot though and his right ankle was already displaying signs of bruising, most likely the cause of his fall.

"Are you alright?" The vampire asked. The boy moved his head to look at him, but his eyes couldn't seem to focus. It was at this point that Lee saw that his pupils were extremely dilated and he had blood and glass in his hair, though the blood seemed to have already dried. A sudden breeze caused the boy to shiver even more than he already was and blew his scent towards the vampire.

Lee had never smelled blood so tantalizing. The boy's blood smelled like raspberries with an underlying scent that Lee couldn't identify, but it made him want to lick the boy clean.

Loud howls broke Lee from his thoughts and he quickly removed his thick cloak and wrapped it around the shoulders of the still shivering boy, before standing and facing the woods. It wasn't long before a large grey wolf emerged from the forest, shifting into a large male with silver hair and covered in scars. "That's my prey, bloodsucker."

"This is my territory, mutt," Lee snarled back. "You have no right to hunt here." The wolf raised an eyebrow.

"You're protecting the half-ling?" Half-ling? Lee resistated glancing behind him at the boy.

"Like I said, this is my territory," Lee bared his fangs as his eyes flashed red. "I suggest you leave now."

The wolf narrowed his yellow eyes. "And what will you do if I don't?" He stepped closer to the pissed off vampire, riling him up even more."It's been a long time since I killed a vamp." The wolf stopped inches from the other two, smirking. "Although a weakling like you wouldn't put up much of a fight!" The wolf suddenly rushed Lee, transforming into his beast form and throwing the vampire into a tree. He then rounded on the half-ling, jumping at him and slamming the boy's head into the ground.

Lee righted himself and charged the wolf, pushing him off the half-ling and latching onto his neck with his fangs and claw-like nails. The beast howled in pain and tried to shake him off, even rubbing against trees in order to dislodge him. The wolf made the mistake of getting too close to Necros, resulting in a hoof to the head, disorienting him enough for Lee to reach around and drag his nails across the wolf's throat, severing his jugular vein.

The wolf stumbled around for a few seconds, still trying to remove the vampire, before collapsing. Lee got off once he heard the beast's heart stop beating. Wiping his bloody hands on his already ruined pants, he turned to the werewolf's original prey, only to find that the blow to his head had knocked the half-ling unconscious. Letting out a sigh, Lee wrapped the boy tighter in his cloak and picked his up. The vampire untied his horse's reins from the branch and began the short walk to his house, a soft smile gracing his features when the body in his arms buried itself deeper into his warmth.