Chapter 3

A/N: So apparently it's possible to SPRAIN YOUR FUCKING RIBS! So while I'm out of work for the time being, you demons get a new chapter. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jax was warm when they woke up. They could feel a soft mattress underneath them and heavy covers were drawn up to their neck. Amethyst eyes slowly opened, but the half-ling was quick to sit up when they revealed an unfamiliar room. Jax scrambled to free themself from the heavy covers and stumbled across the room to the door, leg sore for a reason they couldn't remember. Jax yanked the door open, not even registering the fact that it was unlocked, startling the person that was on the other side, tray balanced on one hand while the other was reached out to grab the knob that suddenly wasn't there.

The man, who couldn't have been but a few years older than Jax, gave a slow blink of his dark eyes before moving his outstretched hand back to the tray. "You're awake."

What the hell? Jax was extremely confused. "Who are you?"

The stranger gestured for Jax to move out of the doorway, walking to the bed and putting the tray on the bedside table once they did so. "My name is Lee. Do you remember what happened last night?"

Jax frowned slightly, trying to gather their thoughts as bits and pieces came back to them. "I got kicked out....It was very cold and I didn't have my phone....I think I was trying to get to a friends....But I think something began to chase me? I can't remember much after that."

The man nodded. "You were being chased by a werewolf when you ran into my path."

Jax could faintly remember that. There was a man with grey hair and he called the stranger something....a bloodsucker? Oh shit! The stranger's a vampire. He must have seen the fear in the half-lings face because he was quick to reassure him. "I'm not gonna hurt you."

"H-how do I know that?"

The vampire shrugged. "You don't, but if I was gonna hurt you I had many opportunities to when you were unconscious." He turned to the tray and poured some water into the cup that he had brought, handing it to the half-ling. "My name is Lee by the way," He paused, "and you should probably sit down. You sprained your ankle last night and I wouldn't be surprised if you have a concussion."

"Jax." They cautiously took the cup offered to them and sat on the bed. "Why are you helping me? Didn't you hear the wolf? I'm a half-ling."

Lee looked confused for a moment before seeming to realise something. "I don't care what you are, I'm not gonna let a kid get killed on my territory."

"Mn not a kid," Jax muttered angrily into their cup. "I'm 17."

Lee shrugged, "Could have fooled me. I've never met a teenage boy as short as you."

Jax frowned, "I'm not a boy."

"Doesn't matter, I haven't met a teenage girl as short as you either."

Jaz shifted uncomfortably, "Not a girl either. S' why my dad kicked me out."

Lee blinked before smirking, "Still the smallest teen I've ever met."

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT ALL FAE ARE SHORT AS FUCK!" Jax shouted, face red. Lee started laughing at the face they were making. "Asshole." Jax muttered.

"So you're part Fae?" Lee asked after calming himself down.

Jax nodded, "My mom was Fae, my dad's human."

"Well that explains the blue hair." Jax started giggling, not noticing the small smile Lee gave him. The vampire carefully moved to the bed and sat next to the enby. "You said you were on your way to a friends house?"

The half-ling nodded. "It's the only place I could have gone. I met Jessie at a gathering, he saved my life." Jax snorted, "Now that I think about it, it was a stupid thing to do. I don't know the way to his packhouse, Jessie usually guides me. Wandering around unfamiliar territory was just asking for death."

Lee hummed, "I don't know the wolf you're talking about, but there's a gathering in about a month's time. He'll probably be there." He stood up, carefully taking Jax's cup and putting it back on the tray. "In the meantime, you can stay here and gather your strength. I know Fae are sensitive to the cold."

"If it's really alright with you," Jax hesitantly agreed.

"I wouldn't have offered if it wasn't." Lee gently pushed the small enby back until they were once again laying in the bed and pulled the covers up to their chin. "Just focus on getting better." The vampire turned off the lights and as he closed the door, he heard a faint 'Thank you' from the half-ling. There was nobody around to notice his soft smile as he walked down the stairs to his kitchen.