2 - training

EDITED

You were in your living room with your mum and dad. It was common for the three of you to be at home, especially since your parents had high paying jobs that they only needed to turn up to when they desperately needed to turn up. Despite their positions they were loving parents. Perfect for each other, the two both radiating sunshine energy. Whilst their only child radiated moon energy.

The form was brought up quite quickly and the conversation ended just as quickly. They had agreed to you doing this, all the training and everything. They saw the extra credit as the most important thing.

"Y/n when doing this think about yourself, okay?  This is to benefit you and you should make sure it does just that." Your dad said as he brought in a plate of fruit, sitting next to your mum.

"Yes, listen to your father. He's right. Work hard okay? " she smiled as she packed the clothes into your bag. "Make sure to study at the same time or this will all be pointless" they were kind people. But they clearly had their priorities set out.

You sat there nibbling on the fruit on your fork. Thinking about it all. And pretending to listen to your parents little lectures.

"What if it's actually something serious though?" You spoke your thoughts. Your parents just looking at you. They knew what was happening, they were shocked you didn't catch on yet but they couldn't tell you. Not until you had experienced it all yourself and you were able to look after yourself.

"Then you do whatever it takes to survive." Your dad said simply . "You can't be the nice guy, be the smart guy in that situation" he added , helping your mum pack for you.

"Plus sweetie we all know you'll be just fine, you won't experience that and if you do then you'll know exactly what to do" she smiled at you. "Just do as you're told and work hard in training. Always listen and support your platoon leader, they will know more than you so trust their judgements "

You nodded , before heading back your thoughts.

The next day you got to school. Noticing all the changes immediately. Everyone in class seemed to act as if it was camping rather than military service. All of them showing off items they had brought with them. For some that was makeup, teddy bears, a jumper or even a book. You walked to your desk, past all the chatting classmates. The boy who was previously leaning on Yeongsu got up and followed you to your desk.  He stayed silent but you knew he was there. There was no way you wouldn't notice his presence.

"What?" You asked not even looking at him as you took off your bag. Your tone wasn't friendly but the boy was not bothered one bit by it.

"How's your side? You're parents aren't angry are they?" He asked cautiously, you just let out a breathy laugh putting your stuff down. Maybe if he didn't say the last sentence you would have thought he actually cared.

"Don't worry they don't know. Now leave me alone." You said sitting in your seat and still not sparing Ilha a glance. He just looked at you, tapping his book on his other hand before scoffing and walking off. You knew he only asked because he was worried your parents would come in and make a huge fuss over it, which they would do if you had told them but it was just a bruise so you didn't find it necessary.

You looked around the room, everyone much more relaxed than you had expected. Although none of you knew what you were against or what was even going to happen you expected much more worry than relaxation.

Bora walked in, sitting at the seat next to yours. "So what did your parents say about this?" You just looked at her. "What do you expect?" Was all you answered. It was more than clear to her what you meant. She had met them more than enough times to know what type of people they were, the 'although there isn't an I in team there is a me' type of people.