11 - flirt

EDITED

You tapped your foot as you sat on the rooftop waiting patiently. The headphones you had on playing an old song you hadn't heard in a while. Perfect for what was about to go down. "Na-na-na-na-na, na-na na-na-na-na Na-na-na-na-na na" you muttered quietly in beat to the song as you waited.

So much time had already passed. The detonation was in history now and something that had left many peoples train of thoughts for a while. Some still held up on it though. You being one of the some. How could you have been so heartless to do such a thing? With no second thought , whilst everyone around you were in sadness you just stood up and said 'I'll do it' . You hated you said such a thing as if it was just a casual task like taking the test papers to the teachers office. You tried to brush past it, many other had but it just weighed heavy on your shoulders . You knew it was the right thing and what had to be done, you just never expected it to affect you so.

You were brought out of your thoughts by the sound of a whistle. "Na-na-na-na-na, na-na na-na-na-na Na-na-na-na-na na Yeah, this is it, let's go" you muttered in time to the song my pace by stray kids , quickly grabbing your gun and positioning it to shoot as the plan went ahead. Deokjoong zooming down the street on his scooter , singing and playing as much noise as possible. He was the bait in this plan , tricking the spheres into thinking they were the predators when in reality they were the prey. You shot them as they chased the boy.

You ran across the roof tops of the nearby buildings along with Bora , Nara and Soyeon. Trying to eliminate all the spheres that were chasing Ilha and Deokjoong. Still listening to the music in your headphones.

This was the new way you all lived your lives. After all it had been a month since you all were first on your own, the class adapted quite well to this. Flourishing in this odd environment and creating systems that benefited all 21 of you.

You met up with Taeman on one of the rooftops as Jangsu, Aesol, WuTaek and him shot at the spheres that closed in on Ilha. "Nice shot Y/n!" The boy on his bike called up to you, you just shook your head "I missed!" You shouted back with a smile and the boy understood what you meant immediately, smiling and letting out a breathy laugh. "You know I thought we were getting closer!" He shouted back with a teasing smile but you just shot it down with your comeback. "I can never miss an opportunity." You laughed and so did he before starting up the engine of his bike to get back to them plan.

The rest of you on the rooftops continued shooting the spheres that kept appearing. Whilst running to get to the next meeting points.

"Y/n did I mention that you look really pretty today?" Taeman said as you and him shot the spheres around you two. "I thought we went through this. Don't flirt with me during life or death situations" you laughed back at the boy to which you just heard his laugh. "When else will I be able to flirt with you then?"

"Oh you two sound so stupid" WuTaek said running past laughing. You followed him and soon Taeman followed you. All of you making it to a rooftop which was across from one the Deokjoong was on, surrounded by spheres . However he wasn't scared. "FIRE" he shouted and everyone did so, eliminating all the spheres in the area.

"Winters coming" you said pointing out how much colder it started to feel, taking off your head phones and resting them around your neck. "Make sure you start wrapping up warmly then" Jangsu said next to you. You nodded. "I thought they were sensitive to the cold?" Taeman asked about the spheres . "They're adapting" Soyeon pointed out.

"I think we got all of them here so let's make our reports" Jangsu announced, all of you checking you ammo. "I have two rounds left" Soyeon called out. "I have one" Nara added. "Enko" was all Aesol said, all of you looking at her. "Oh it just means I'm all out" she said snuggling back into her woolly scarf. "I'm enko too" you called out smiling at the girl. "Oh really then my motorcycle is enko" Ilha said looking at the bike he loved riding but now had to leave behind. "My stomach is also enko!" Deokjoong announced gaining a laugh and people agreeing. "Me too!" Aesol shouted but in a quiet shout making all of you laugh. "Come on let's go back" Jangsu announced, all of you starting to head back. You walked past Ilha who just looked at his bike. "Don't cry, we'll steal you another" you said pulling him away from it "I wasn't crying" he asserted. "Are you sure? I can see a tear trying to escape" you laughed trying to point to his eye but he grabbed your hand and held onto it. Pulling you slightly closer to him. "Don't tease me Y/n" you just laughed as he tried to act all tough but from the recent month you knew it was all a front. "You sound like a cringey wattpad character" you said moving away from him but still laughing. He just smiled at you, a warm smile that was becoming more and more common for the boy. The two of you walked back to join the group, still holding each others hands