21 - Parents

EDITED

It was nighttime. You walked over to Kimchi's family tent. "Come on Kimc- Chiyeol, the others are waiting to play Uno." You said to get the boy to leave the tent and follow you. Were you going to play uno? No. Were you going to get some fresh air? Yeah...

You and the boy walked over to the meeting point, waiting for Nara to appear. It was the corner of the shelter, a barred off window which meant you could all get in and out without being spotted and not have to cause the whole shelter to die as the obstacle blocking the entry was easy to move back. Nara soon appeared with three people following her.

"What is this? You three should definitely not be here" you whispered seeing Bora , WuTaek and Taeman behind Aesol and Nara. "Aesol I thought you said you would distract Bora?" Kimchi added but the short girl just went embarrassed.

"I accidentally told her..."

"You think you could keep this from me? I don't care if I had lost my leg, I'm still coming." She said confidently and trying to signal her leg was all fine. Then you all turned to the tallest two members of the group. "FOMO you know?" They both agreed on their reasoning. You all rolled your eyes groaning at this.

"Whatever let's be quick" you whispered climbing out of the window, the others soon following and once outside it was time to show off what you had all learnt in the past few months. Hopefully this wouldn't end up like the time before. You all ran over to one of the trucks when the officers weren't looking, grabbing some guns and ammunition. After all grabbing some you headed up one of the ladders attached to the side of the building. Heading to the top.

Once up there you all relaxed, breathing in the sight. It was beautiful, seeing the once bright and colourful city dark. The tall buildings just looked like odd mountains. But the best part was how bright the stars began to look, due to the lack of cars adding to air pollution the stars had become brighter. Allowing you all to see more of their beauty. "Ursa Minor" Aesol said pointing up at the sky.

"You know astronomy?" Bora asked the girl on the other side of her, you all looking at her too. She nodded shyly. "My grandma used to take me to the observatory" she smiled remembering the happy memory.

"That's so cool. You and your grandma seem to be so close." you said jealous of the girl. You never got to do any of that with your parents or grandparents.

"Yeah she raised me, I was so happy to see her. We should all play some games with her tomorrow, just a warning she cheats." Aesol laughed, causing you to too.

After an hour up there.

"You know this reminds me of when we first started training. The late nights with each other in the city-"

"What are you going on about Wang Taeman?" Bora cut the boy off , confused on what nonsense he was trying to spout.

"I'm just reminiscing the better times" he said pouting.

"This whole situation made me remember the time I had to sneak out with Jangsu , Deokjoong and YoungShin" you said smiling remembering the eventful night.  "And Kimchi outing me" you said looking at the boy with a slight glare but soon laughing.

"It's nice we can look back at those days and smile" Nara said smiling happily thinking about it all.

"Remember when we had to balance those pebbles on our guns?" Kimchi asked

"Oh yeah and YoungShin kept trying to show off to Bora" you laughed remembering when the boy came up to the two of you, trying to teach you both how to do it properly without realising that both you had already successfully done it. "I was certain he had a thing for one of you" you let out your thoughts looking at the two girls who used to have a love hate relationship.