Practice

Leon angsty moment

Taka POV : 

Me, Taka, and Chihiro were walking to Leon's game. It was about a hour before the game started so he was practicing with his team. We sat at the bleachers, just talking while the team were playing. At first we were watching him pitch and bat, mainly because he would throw and hit the ball at us but he looked distressed. I know he hates practice and loves baseball but he acts different when he does them both. When we play baseball, he's so happy but when he's practicing, he has no energy and is always burnt out. He was taking a break and sat down next to us.

"Fuck, man." Leon groaned as he drank some water. I stared at him, y'know because he sweared, but probably I'll let him slide because he hates practicing.

"Hey, Leon. I know you hate practicing because everyone put you to do it but is that it? I mean, someone specific or just is there another reason?" I asked, giving Leon some more water.

"Well.. if I told you this.. would you tell anyone?" Leon looked stressed, kinda sad too.

"You know we won't.. you good bro? Mondo asked, putting his hand on Leon's shoulder.

"Y-Yeah! Don't worry, Leon! We'll always support you." Chihiro said, smiling at Leon.

"So.. you know how my dad was also the Ultimate Baseball Star..? Yeah, we'll he would make me practice day in and day out. And yeah that's not really as bad as you think but he would just never give me breaks. And you know how I absolutely fucking hate the pitching machines..? He put me in a room with a giant pitching machine and just left me in there. He must have not known.. that I would get tired.. he didn't know that I would stop swinging at some point.. right? He fucking knew.. he knew I would give up and get hit with baseballs.. but he didn't do shit..! He came back and refilled it. I was stuck in that fucking room for four shitty hours. After that, my mom divorced his ass and yeah.. that's why I fucking hate pitching machines. And practice." 

"Don't look at me like that.. say something, damn it. That's it. The only other thing is that he would sometimes stare at me and just watch me struggle. He.. seen me cry." Chihiro and Mondo looked at me while I tried to find the right words to say. Leon starts to get up but I grab him before he could move.

"L-Leon. I'm so sorry he did that.. I.. we just thought you hated it just because but we didn't know it was that bad.." Leon looks at me and I could see trauma and scars through his pale blue eyes. "Did it leave any scars or..?" Leon looks around for a bit but doesn't say anything.

"You don't need to see.. I don't want anyone too. Only he and mom knows. But here, I'll show you this." He unbuttoned his baseball jersey and showed a pretty disgusting scar thats on his shoulder. "I put makeup on my other scars."

"Leon come here." Leon hesitates at first due to someone calling his name but Mondo just grabs him and pulls him in for a bear hug. Me and Chihiro come close and hug him as well. We hug for about a minute until Leon pushes himself off us.

"Fuck.. don't make me cry.. wait does it look like I'm crying?" Leon wiped his eyes and put some eye drops in them. "I look good? I mean, I always look good, but does it look like I'm sad." I shook my head as Leon gave me a thumbs up. Leon tries to leave again but Mondo grabbed his leg.

"You're experienced. What other stuff are you hiding from us? Huh, Leon?" Mondo said, putting slight force on it.

"Dude, I'll tell you later.. Nekomaru's about to scream. Let go of me!" Mondo let go as Leon waved us goodbye. I wonder if he's doing alright.