01 || Rosalie

I'm covered in blood when I get back from my mission. Fortunately it's not mine. Unfortunately it's staining my favorite shirt.

After I shower and change I head to my Papa's office, he told me he wanted to tell me something important before I update him on my mission. I'm walking right past my brothers room when his door swings open and almost slams into me.

"What the fuck, Cor-" I pause when a girl who looks incredibly pissed off comes walking out of his room.

She glares at me then storms down the hallway, usually I'd slam her head into the floor for looking at me like that but I'm not really in the mood to get blood on me again.

When I hear the front door open and slam shut I walk into my brothers room who's just standing there looking like an idiot.

"What the hell was that all about?" I ask.

"I fucked her, she wanted more, I didn't. Then she got mad and stormed off. I didn't expect her to react that way. " He replied with a shrug he.

"How do you expect her to react? You literally acted like you wanted to marry her then suddenly just wanted to fuck her, then randomly stopped wanting to see her all together." I whisper yell at him.

He just glares at me then walks into his bathroom and slams the door shut behind him

I smile to myself and head to my papa's office. I'm hoping he wants to tell me that I'll be becoming the capo when he quits but I doubt it.

I'd be a way better capo than Corbin. I love him but he's way to soft to lead the whole mafia.

Right as I reach his door my phone starts vibrating in my pocket. It's most likely my bestfriend, Corvina. We keep missing each other since she's in New York and I'm on the other side of the country in California.

I've kept my papa waiting long enough but I answer anyway, not even thinking about the consequences that could cause.

Corvina and I have been best friends since we were six years old. She's been always there for me no matter how tough it got. I don't know what I'd do without Corvina, she's my whole world.

The first thing I here when I answer the call is "Get off of me you fucking ancient piece of dust" and I try and hold in my laughter.

Corvina is a trained fighter but she still decides to use her words. Of course if words aren't enough she'll use her fists but usually her words are.

"The best fucking thing happened today." She says cheerfully before I hear a grunt and then a chuckle and I smile to myself.

"So some dude crashed into my car and I got like really pissed but then another dude was being a complete dick to this girl in the supermarket so I got to take my anger out on him. Usually I like my mouth doing all the fighting but today I was in a feisty mood. Oh yeah I also got pink boxing gloves and I absolutely love them." She says quickly, almost out of breath by the end.

"I missed you too, Corvina." I say and she laughs. This is how me and Corvina's friendship is. She does the talking and I do the listening.

"Have you convinced your papa to make you capo yet?" She asks.

"Nope. He's as stubborn as always." I tell her.

"I still think that you should let me threaten him into making you capo." She sighs.

Corvina has always hated my papa and nor do I blame her for hating him. If her father was abusing her I'd hate him too.

I just can't bring it in myself to fully hate him. He's abused and raped me my whole life but I still hold hope that maybe someday he'll change.

My phone start vibrating in my hand again and I look to see that it's my papa. I wanna keep talking to Corvina but I'd like to keep my face looking pretty.

"Do you have time to call tomorrow? My papa wants to talk to me." I tell her

"Yeah, I think so. But call me when your done, I wanna know if my bestie is the future capo." She responds and I chuckle.

I tell her goodbye and hang up then knock on my papa's door.

"Come in." He shouts, his voice raspy from his years of smoking.

Smoking is disgusting. I will never get why people do it. It isn't enjoyable one bit.

I open the door but stop in the doorway when I see Niko Petrov.

That fucking bitch.

I look at my father with a glare. My face red with heat.

I know what's happening.

I didn't want to admit it but I knew this day would always come.

He's marrying me off.

And to Niko Petrov.

It doesn't surprise but apart of me still feels slightly betrayed.

Niko's father is my papa's best friend. Niko's also the man who supposedly killed my mama.

He's always been a dick but I never thought that he would ever kill her. As far as I know Niko was like a son to my mamma.

I don't know if I truly believe he killed her but I will always feel rage with him whether he killed her or not.

"What the hell is he doing here?" I ask looking at Niko with disgust.

Niko glares at me but I ignore him

"I'm getting there. If you would sit down I could explain." He says sternly.

"No thanks. I'm good here." I respond. He glares at me but I stay in my spot in the doorway.

His face turns tight with anger but I don't move. I will not sit by Niko. I'd rather jump of a bridge.

My papa rolls his eyes but starts explaining things after I close the door.

"As you both know my health is getting worse by the day, so there will need to be a new capo." He says and I look at him in confusion. Why does Niko need to be here for this?

"Rosalie, I know you want to become capo but quite frankly I don't give a fuck. I will keep the tradition of sons becoming capo." My face instantly falls when he says that and Niko smirks.

"How though? Niko's not your son, you can't make him capo." I say in confusion.

"Yes, that's why you will be marrying him in three months." He says. I knew this would happen but that doesn't change the fact that my whole world just came crashing down

"What?! You're seriously going to marry me off to him? He's bullied me for years, you know that." I shout and Niko looks down at his lap.

Tears threaten to spill out of my eyes but I refuse to cry infront of Niko.

"Rosalie, calm down. That's years ago, he's changed." My papa tells me with a weird look in his eyes.

"Bullshit! He will never change, he always be the same pathetic asshole." I say harshly. Niko stares at me but I ignore his scorching gaze.

"We need to get going. Rosalie go get packed and meet me in the living room, we're leaving in 30 minutes." Niko says with no emotion in his voice and I glare at him.

"No fucking way am I going anywhere with you! I will not move to New York with you and I will not be your children's babysitter!" I Shout.

"We can do this the easy way, or we can do this the hard way. And I'm assuming you'd prefer the easy way, so either go pack or I will do it myself and drag you out of this fucking house myself." Niko growls and I flip him off before slamming the door shut and heading to my room to start packing.

My papa told me I could marry for love --hindsight not sure why I believed him-- but instead he's marrying me off to this asshole.

---

Word count: 1366