3 || Rosalie

"Daddy!" The kids both shout in union and the corners of Niko's lips tip up slightly. He crouches down on his knees and opens his arms. The kids run into his arms.

"Hi, daddy!" Gianina says excitedly

"Hi, pretty girl." He says and then kisses the top of her head.

The little boy who I'm also assuming is Elijah comes over and pretty much pushes her out of the way and holds onto Niko tightly and he chuckles softly.

I've never seen Niko this way with his kids. Usually at mafia balls he would show little to no emotion.

I expected him to be like every other mafia dad, strict, abusive, and showed no love to his children.

I stand there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

The little girl looks over at me and smiles brightly and runs over to me.

"Hi, I'm Gianina!" She introduces herself before holding out her little hand for me to shake. I bend and gently shake her hand and smile at her.

"I'm Rosalie. I love your shirt, Alex Morgan is one of my favorite soccer player." She's wearing a USA soccer jersey with Alex Morgan's number and last name on it. Her face lights up instantly lights up when I say that.

"Mine too!" She cheers.

I smile and look over at Niko to see him looking at me with a strange look on his face and mine gets replaced by a glare.

The little boy is still hanging on to Niko but when he looks over at me he jumps off of him and smiles. He asks Niko something that makes Niko frown but he quickly covers it up with a smile.

The little boy runs out of the room before returning with flowers in his hand and a bright smile on his face. He runs over to me.

"I'm Elijah, these are for you." He says and hands me the flowers. They're tulips, my favorite.

"Thank you, I love them," I say and smile.

"Are you gonna be my new mamma?" He asks and I frown. I don't want to replace his mom. I don't even want to be here.

I'm about to answer when a phone thankfully starts ringing. Niko tells the kids to go in the backyard to play before answering the call.

He starts talking in Russian so I don't know what he's saying but he looks pissed.

After a few minutes he hangs up and rubs his temple's before remembering that I'm here and erasing the emotion from his face.

"Let me show you to your room so you can get settled in." He says and before I can even answer he's heading up the stairs I hadn't noticed before.

I follow him up the stairs quickly.

He leads me to a room that looks nice and clean. I walk over to the windows, the view is beautiful. Niko lives only a few miles away from the city so you can faintly see the tall buildings in the distance.

"Lorenzo brought your bags up so you can get settled in. The kids bedrooms are right across from yours, Gianina's is the one on the right. My room is on the other end of the hallway." He tells me.