𝙲𝚑𝚗𝚊'𝚜 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 ⁰²

And so the two spent their afternoon together. They had brunch at a fancy restaurant which they both of course fought for. Kai won, once again, while the waiter took her card.

"Why don't you ever let me pay for you?" Chan asked with a playful forming face, as he looked her way. They were sitting across from one another, as they drank their "adult orange juice" which of course they only had small amounts of because they had to drive.

"I let you pay," Kai said as Chan sent her a look, "sometimes," she breathed out as she continued to finish her drink from the champagne glass.

They both chuckled, yet they were interrupted by a phone ringing. It was Kai's phone.

When Kai looked at the caller ID, her eyes nearly exploded out of her head, as flicked her eyes from Chan to her phone three times before she said anything else.

"I'll be back, I have to take this." Kai excused herself, rushing outside of the restaurant as she picked up the line.

"Hello." Kai greeted the women on the other end of the line, unaware of how the conversation might go. She was scared they weren't going to make it in time.

"My darling Kai, hi beautiful. I just wanted to call and tell you that we have arrived at the airport, and don't worry Changbinnie is already here to pick us up. We are walking to the car as I speak." Mrs. Bang started with a happy greeting to the girl as she and her family made their way to the car.

"Ah! Oh okay, um I can't wait to see you, Mrs.Bang! Chan is going to be so surprised when he sees you guys!" Kai said to her phone, making sure her back is to the window, just in case Chan was looking her way. She didn't want to take any chance of ruining the surprise for him.

"Yes, well I can't wait to see the look on his face. And thank you again, my love, you didn't have to invest your money in flying us out to Korea."

"Yeah, I know but I know how much this would mean to Chan. He has wanted to see you all for so long now, I think this was the only birthday gift he had ever needed in all the years I have known him; you all." Kai said as she looked back, smiling as her eyes met with Chan's, as he returned the smile as she face back to the road.

"I don't think we are his best gift child, I think it is you. No one would ever do such a thing if they truly didn't care, so I am thankful Channie has someone in his life that cares so much for him- Oh okay. Well, Kai, I'll call you later, we just arrived at Changbinnie's car. I will see you when we arrive at the Han River." Mrs. Bang said as she hung up the phone after Kai finished her small goodbye.

"Hey, are you ready to go?" Chan asked as he walked outside the restaurant with her purse and wallet in hand as she had left them on the table when she paid for their meal.

"No wait-" Kai said as she approached him. Chan looked confused as she slowly walked over to him, and was taken aback as she got so close, he could feel her breath on his lips. His breath hitched.

"There," Kai slid a crumb from the edge of his mouth, as she walked back admiring him, "were you saving some waffles for later or what?" Kai joked as he watched as Chan smiled and rolled his eyes at her stupid jokes.

"Yeah, yeah whatever Kai. I was just saving some for you, but you didn't want any so..." Chan teases back, as he makes his way to her car, still with her purse and wallet in hand.

"Chan you're walking to the car as if you have the keys," Kai states as she unlocks the car with her keys. Chan still makes his way to the driver's side of the car, opening the door for Kai, as she thanks him and hops in.

"You're such a gentleman, even if you're not driving, you're opening the door for me. You're so amazing." Kai says as she grabs her things from his hands, and places them in a back seat. Before he could move to close the car door, she pulls him in and planted a kiss on his cheek.