Chapter 15

It was around midnight when the last customer finally left the café. Ada was busy doing something behind the counter. I guess she was checking the inventory as it was already the end of the day. She was so engrossed with what she was doing. Hindi man lang napansin na lumabas na ang huling customer.

Napatingin ako sa mesang binakante noon. The cup and the small plate that the customer used were still there. Muli akong napatingin kay Ada. I don't think she'll be done soon.

So, I stood up and approached the table. I started cleaning it but I guess my movements caught Ada's attention. Kakahawak ko lang ng baso nang magsalita s'ya.

"Huy, ano ba? Ako na d'yan," she said. Mabilis s'yang lumabas mula sa counter.

"It's okay. Just continue what you're doing."

Napasimangot s'ya at inagaw sa 'kin ang cup na hawak ko na.

"Ano ka ba? Hindi mo trabaho 'yan. Umupo ka na nga lang du'n."

"I can help."

Pinameywangan n'ya 'ko.

"Umupo ka na lang ulit do'n, Lucius."

Ibinaba n'ya pa ang cup para ilagay ang dalawang kamay sa likod ko at bahagya akong itinulak pabalik sa pwesto ko kanina. I chuckled and leaned my weight on her so she had a hard time pushing me. I heard her groan.

"Lucius!" saway n'ya nang mahalata ang ginagawa ko pero rinig ko naman ang tawa sa boses n'ya.

Her face was frowning when I finally got back to my seat. But I could see that she was trying not to smile. She was pretending that she was mad at what I did while I was smiling up at her as she was standing in front of me. Ang mga kamay n'ya ay nakalagay sa mga bewang n'ya.

"D'yan ka lang. Huwag kang gagalaw."

"Pwedeng huminga?" biro ko.

She glared at me.

"Ewan ko. Pwede ba?" inis na tanong n'ya na tinawanan ko lang. She looked so cute trying to get mad at me but failing. "Mabilis lang ako."

I watched her turn around and started cleaning the mess on that table. Mabilis ang naging kilos n'ya. Halatang sanay na sanay. In no time, she managed to clean the table for half a minute. While I think it would take me at least three minutes. Well, I guess that's the reason why she just wanted me to take my seat. Mas tatagal lang ang trabaho n'ya.

She went back to the counter and continued doing the inventory. I had nothing to do but watch her move. I noticed she was frowning a bit, forming a small knot on her forehead whenever she was concentrating, whenever she was serious about what she was doing. And her lips were even pouting a bit as she did so.

I tore my gaze off her and checked my phone instead. Hindi na ulit ako tinawagan ni Dad pagkatapos noon. I didn't have any idea what was happening at the party, or if my friends were there. The group chat was noisy because of Creed, as usual, pero wala silang nababanggit tungkol sa party.

I was about to put my phone back in my pants when Creed mentioned me.

Archer: Hoy, King @ Aius! Pasilip-silip na lang tayo ah?

I rolled my eyes and groaned. Napansin kong bahagyang napasulyap sa 'kin si Ada.

I ignored Creed. But the fucker was at it again.

Archer: Kumusta na?

Archer: Baka naman pwedeng makibalita jan?

Archer: Ang tahimik natin nitong mga nakaraan ah?

Archer: Nalulungkot na ko.

Archer: May kanya-kanya na tayong buhay.

Archer: Pero sana naman walang kalimutan.