Romeo and Juliet

"In sadness cousin, I do love, a woman," Frank sighed, acting out Romeo's part.

"Liar," Julie mumbled under a fake cough. 

"Guys, why don't we stop there today? I spent so long assigning parts that I'm actually pretty tired," Sally yawned. 

The whole neighborhood was crammed into Sally's house, per her request, acting out Romeo and Juliet. She just got it mailed in from a publishing company a couple of days ago, and she thinks it is the best thing ever. I'm not really one who likes to act, but if Sally insists, I will. I was assigned the part of Juliet, surprisingly. 

"Oh, Frank how will you ever go on?" Wally joked, dramatically falling to the ground in front of them.

"With what?" Frank asked.

"With your unrequited loved for this... person," Wally leered.

Wally's eyes darted to me for a split second, causing Frank to stumble a bit. Is Wally really suggesting that Frank likes me? A little panic ran through my body. I've never had some one like me like that before, let alone love me in that sense. I do like Frank, they are my favorite neighbor. Usually I spent late nights up thinking about what it would be like for them to be mine. We go stargazing together, and they would rant about things that interested them. Their eyes would gleam in the moonlight. Just their eyes make my heart skip a beat, but I always hide it. What if they stopped hanging out with me because they thought I was a creep?

"Earth to Eddie? Hellooo?" Julie waved.

I snapped out of my trance, "Uh, hi?" 

"Would you like to eat dinner with me and Frank?" she asked.

"Sure!" I respond.

In all reality, I had so much to catch up on. Mail to be sorted, dirt to be swept, packages to be weighed, but it didn't matter. If Frank was going to be there, I was going to be there. That's been my rule for a while now, ever since I realized how happy they make me. My thinking is, if I keep applying myself to them, eventually, they'll start to think about me, and just me. 

-time skip to after dinner-

I was helping Julie wash dishes after we ate. Frank was sitting in her living room, presumably napping. They were on my mind all night, every little thing that they did made me love them more. I would be resting with them, but I needed a break from hiding my blushing face. I wanted to let Julie know what was going on, because she seemed to be clueless. 

"Sooo, about Frank," I said.

"What about them?" Julie responded cluelessly.

"Do you know if they... like anyone or anything?" I mention.

"Maybe. Why?" she asked.

I stood silently for a couple of seconds. Julie stared at me with confusion. Finally, her face lighted up and she grabbed my arm.

"Oh my gosh, Eddie! Do you like them?!" she squealed.

"Shhh, maybe. Well, yes I do, but you can't tell them!" I demand. 

"My lips are sealed, but they've got to know. How do you want to tell them?" she questions.

"I- don't really know," I confess.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find the right time to tell them. For now, do the most that you can to be close to them," she claimed, pushing me into the living room.

-time skip to Sally's house for rehearsal- 

"Where's my Romeo and Juliet?" Sally called from backstage.

"Right here," I respond. 

"Mhm," Frank sighs. 

"Well, go out there and act!" Sally exclaims. 

"Wait a minute, I have a question!" Frank stops. 

"Yes?" she asks. 

"It says that I have to kiss Eddie. Twice! In one scene!" Frank noted. 

"Indeed! I figured you would be ok with that, wink," Sally stated.

"I don't think I am, and why are you saying wink aloud?" they inquired.

"Oh come on, you know why. Just go with it, based on what Julie told me, you'll actually enjoy this scene," Sally smirked.

"Oh hush, whatever," they sigh.

-time skip like 5 minutes-

"Saints do not move, though grant for prayer's sake," I recite.

"Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take," Frank responds.

They pause for a moment, then lean in a bit closer.

"C'mon, you're supposed to kiss me," I whisper.

"Fine," they mutter back.

They quickly peck my lips with theirs. I could feel my face start to burn.

"Thus from my lips, by thine, sin is purged," they quickly spew. 

"Then have my lips the sin that they have took," I flirt.

I wanted them to kiss me again so bad. They seemed unphased, continuing the lines, acting as if nothing ever happened. 

"Sin from my lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again," they mutter.

Their face was still directly in mine. I took cautious breaths, making sure not to scare them away. My hands started to feel itchy, with one of them being on them. Everyone else on stage was watching us and giggling. Frank kissed me again, without warning. 

"You- You kiss, nicely," I compliment.

My brain was blurry. I couldn't remember my lines and all I could think about is them. They kissed me! Frank Frankly kissed me!! Everything was aflutter. 

"Eddie that's not the line," Frank stated.

My heart dropped. All I had to do is say the line right, and I messed it up. Frank probably thinks I'm stupid now. 

"S-sorry bud. I messed it up, didn't I?" I stutter.

"Hmph," they responded. 

The rest of the act was a blur. Maybe I did actually make them mad. Gosh, I am stupid. They don't actually like me. They would never. After we finally finished the act, I took my hat and prepared for the cold, lonely walk home. 

"Eddie, do you mind walking me home? It's pretty dark, and I- uhm- wanted you to check out these stamps I have. I want to know if they're legitimate or not," Frank questioned.

"Of course, I know how it is!" I exclaimed, rushing to turn towards them.

They didn't hate me!! Eternally, I was having a mini party. And they wanted to show me stamps? This is the best day ever!