Pretty Lei

Leilani

"Your wearing mismatched socks," Arthur's voice pointed out from behind me.

"That doesn't matter shy surfer boy,I'm going to be in a muumuu this entire time,it'll cover me anyway. Now please get back to the merch. Places everybody it's beginning," I called out.

Students flooded in and there were flashes as everyone took a number of pictures. All the foods that had been prepared was beautiful.

When people came to our stall I did my best to explain to them, remembering what I could from all the research I'd done about Hawaii the night before.

"Could you elaborate more on where exactly the dish was made?"

Save for the knowledge Arthur had given me before I had nothing more.

I cleared my throat, Well you see I don't really-"

"Could I step in for a bit there Lei?"

I turned to Arthur shooting him a look of gratitude.

"Well the first time was at a diner......."

I zoned out after that,and just stared at Arthur as he spoke about the dish. He spoke with so much passion and conviction it was beautiful to watch. I couldn't stop the small smile that crept onto my face.

" Boo! Someone's staring.."

"Bea you do not sneak up on people like that!! My heart almost leaped out. I wasn't staring at him I was looking at the people."

"I didn't even say what you were staring out and you pointed out a him. Really Lei?"

"How's the China stall going?"

"Oh people are lovinggg the dragon and you are trying to change the topic. I know you Lei,you probably have a crush on him."

"Do not!"

"As you say ok? I'm heading back. I'll see you later."

The stall remained busy all day, people enjoyed the samples and Arthur...well he was explaining for the most part."

The day was coming to a close and we were packing up.

"I'm sorry I stole your show,I Know you worked really hard for this," Arthur spoke up looking to the ground.

I burst out laughing, "Arthur it's your heritage,where your from. It's natural you'll know a lot more about it than me,you don't need to apologize for that. It's what makes you you,amazing."

"Well that settles my mind. Thankyou for running everything else though."

"It's a pleasure, I'd do it again."

"Oh yeah and umm,I think this would look better on you than me," he said while placing the flower crown on my head.

"You know, it's called a lei,a crown of pretty flowers and so I decided to give it to a pretty lady deserving of it."

Breathe Leilani breathe. I could feel myself turn red.

"Arthur stop," I whined.

"I have no plans of doing that, infact I have something to ask,"

"I'm listening surfer boy,"

"Me,you and some Loco Moco. I know a place and you can try these crazy awesome cocktails."

"Well looks like I've got plans for this Saturday.
.
.
.
*Mmummu- A traditional Hawaiian dress