Happy AAPI month

Leilani

"We're in a private room of a Hawaiian restaurant which has its own grill,stove umm something isn't adding up,start talking Arthur," I question.

"Ok so I might have lied a teensy bit. The restaurant well,it belongs to my uncle and also I'm going to be our chef for the evening," Arthur rambled while he scratched the back of his neck.

He can cook? Hot damn. Might as well wife me.

I looked at Arthur to see him turn red. Did I say that out loud? Oh no.

"So umm what's dinner for tonight?" I ask to break the building tension in the room.

"Well as I told you Loco Moco and a special desert I'd like you to try. And then I'm going to make you the most wicked cocktail ever!!" he exclaimed.

The excitement was contagious.

He looked dashing,sleeves rolled up as he placed the patties on the grill and watched the rice, honestly he was a graceful chef.

"How much do you love to cook? Because it seems like your really good at it," I questioned.

"I learnt to cook more like as a survival skill. Busy parents plus takeout exhaustion pushed me to learn. And grandma and grandpa played a huge role in my getting better at it."

"I see. It wouldn't seem like a bad career idea,your quite graceful,chef qualities."

"You said it right there ocean eyes, graceful. If I were to work under stress I would absolutely flop," he countered.

"I cannot believe before this week I didn't even know who you are,and look at me now,on a date with you."

"It's the Hawaiian charm that got to you,I promise."

"Please no. It was my social Asian energy that you just couldn't resist," I boasted.

He threw a grape at me, "I thought you hated the nickname?"

"Myeh,it's convinient at times."

He stood up starting to mix our cocktails.

"That's an awful lot of stuff for a cocktail."

"Watch and learn milady," he silenced me.

I couldn't really tell what he put but he presented it to me, "Voila,a Hawaiian mimosa."

Later we sat together basking in each other's company.

"Thankyou Arthur for tonight,I loved it."

"No need,maybe one time we'll go to Hawaii and you'll eat from the actual professionals."

"You know we have our heritage month to thank for this beautiful...whatever we have going on," I laughed out.

"A toast?" he asked.

"A toast," I replied.

"Happy AAPI month ocean eyes."

"Happy AAPI month surfer boy."
.
.
.
.
.
A/n: Hello and thankyou for reading pacific. It is specifically written for AAPI month and hence a short story.
Kisses
-MA