04 | Another Mission

╌──═Tsukasa Tenma's Point of View═──╌

"Mm..." I groan in pain. My ass hurts because of the rough and solid floor, they could've place a mat under me at least!.. why am I complaining, this is nothing compared to the fallen king's training. I have to be strong, I'm the strongest knight in Melrose Kingdom for a reason.

I look at the horrific sight of my fingers, I gulped. It stung in pain. The prison cell smelled like shit, that's great. "Charge!" I heard a familiar voice yell, I immediately regained hope and looked up. The cell gate opened too slowly for my comfort. "Mizuki it's not that fucking hard to open the gate." I heard Shinonome scoff.

"Shush." Akiyama finally opened the gate after what felt like hours. "Tenma, are you alright!?" They yelled as they ran up to me, quickly breaking the chains that restricted me from doing anything off my wrists using their bare hands. How does one struggle to break down a door but can easily break chains in a quick matter of seconds?

My question was left with no answer as I felt Akiyama and Shinonome help me up. "Tenma do you have any description on how The Alchemist looks like?" Shinonome asked me while we were leaving the base. The base looked different than the first time I saw it, there was actually light. It looked like a warehouse now.

I sighed, I have to give Kamishiro away. "Yes, The Alchemist is Lilac Sword." I look up to see both of the knights shocked. "But wasn't he killed by a dragon months later his departure?!" Akiyama exclaimed, shocked by the new information they just processed.

"Akiyama it was just a rumor made up by some drunkard." Shinonome scoffed, getting my horse ready. Akiyama stared at my hands for a uncomfortable amount of time. After a few minutes, the both of them placed me on top the horse.

╌──═Two weeks pass...═──╌

We arrived at the palace way too earlier for my comfort. Now how do I explain to her majesty that I lost the target. How fun... Walking to the throne room filled dread in me. I open the door, oh boy it felt heavy. Am I becoming weak or am I tired...

"Oh Tsukasa my dear. You're back!" Queen Rosemary smiled, she held something in her lap. I nod before bowing and placing a hand on my chest like the star I am! "So how did the mission go Knight Tenma?" Queen Rosemary revealed a fennec fox in her lap.

"Your majesty that is not a pet!-" I exclaimed, my hand on my sword. "Haha, don't worry. He's trained to be one." She smiled, petting the fennec fox. "Other then me owning a fennec fox, how was the mission?" Queen Rosemary's smile sent shivers down my spine.

"I failed to capture the target. The target was Lilac Sword, he is working with the Dragon Whisperer, his full name is Toya Aoyagi." I bowed my head, what a terrible job I've done. The silence was too loud. It was silent for a bit until she spoke again.

"So Lilac Sword is now The Alchemist?" Her voice suddenly became serious, changing the cheerful mood in the room. I slowly nod, being careful to not make the queen more upset. "Tsukasa, I'm going to send you back out there, try to retrieve Rui Kamishiro or information on him." She pulled out a fan, covering her mouth with it.

I nod again, looking up at her. "You may leave now." Queen Rosemary just sighed as she continued to pet her fox. I slowly stand up, exiting the room. "Oh how fun this will be!" I mutter sarcastically when I left the room.

I walk towards the departure station, there laid my horse Penny. "Well, we have another mission again. Let's go Penny." I stroke her hair before getting on. "Hey Tsukasa where are you going?" A voice said, I turned to look at the source of sound. There stood my sister with a basket of sweets.

"Oh I have another mission assigned by the queen, sorry Saki. Your big brother will be back in a few days okay?" I smiled, in response she pouted before telling me her good-byes. I smiled at her for the last time before setting off, my horse neighing.

╌──═Saki Tenma's Point of View═──╌

I waved my brother good bye, seeing him leave. I stand there for a few minutes before walking out the back gate, humming. I walked a bit into the forest, I was meeting up with someone. I heard loud breathing behind me, I turned around and saw a large dragon but I remained calm.

"Saki, have you gained any information?" A voice spoke. I shook my head no in response. "No but I got treats for you, next time I'll try harder." I hold out my basket, smiling. "It's fine Saki." He finally got down from his dragon.

He came up to me and grabbed a cupcake from the basket. "May I eat one?" He tilted his head, waiting for me to asnwer. "Of course Toya! I made these for you!" I smiled, giving him the nod of approval. His eyes beamed as he took multiple bites.

After he finished eating one, he turned serious again. "Do they know that you are betraying the kingdom?" Toya asked me, slowly reaching for another cupcake. "N-No! Not that I'm aware of." I sighed, looking at my home kingdom.

Tsukasa I'm sorry that it had to be this way. I hope that you can forgive me in the future.

╌──═Author's Note═──╌

Because I hate you guys /j
I made Saki a traitor haha. You guys thought I'd be nice to Tsukasa after Rui broke his fingers, think twice losers!!!!!!!!