Chapter 19

[Monoceros Keep General Hospital's Outpatient Area: 2:45 PM, 29th of Umbral-Tide/Darktide, Year 426]

" Monsieur Slash Indro, " the lady dwarven nurse with grey hair called the patient's name. " Please proceed to Docteur Montmartre's office. "

The man with long straight scarlet and chocolate locks had his ponytail set. He was wearing a brown polo shirt and pair of khaki pants. He was holding a long and large envelope on his right hand, carefully standing up, and bringing a cane which his sister borrowed it to him. Slash looked anxious of what the doctor would tell him and prayed for healing which a surgical procedure would not require him. He took a deep breath and diverted his thoughts in seeing some patients and an old woman who left Doctor Montmartre's office.

" Come in, " a man's voice echoed.

Slash turned the door knob and managed to smile at the tall blonde bespectacled and moustached man who stood from his seat.

" Bonjour, Doc, " the long haired Elandric outpatient cordially greeted him.

" Bonjour. Please have a seat, monsieur, " the physician offered him to sit on the reclining table.

" Thanks, " Slash nodded and sat down.

" So, you have your X-ray results which I have recommended, " Amnon reminded his patient.

" Yes, sir, " he handed the general practitioner the long large envelope.

Amnon nodded at him, carefully opened it, released the long dark rectangular X-ray film, and intently examined the tarsals, metatarsals, talus, calcaneus, cuboids, the phalanges, tibula, and fibula. He noticed there was no signs of dislocaton and bone fracture. Slash waited for what his doctor would say to his condition.

" May I see if you're able to move the affected foot? "

Slash nodded and obeyed as he raised his right foot. He was able to move and rotate his right foot for sixty seconds. The Elandric Navy deserter sighed in relief and smiled.

" You have recovered so far, good. " Amnon commented." So, your Ouranist Clerical Bandages and the pain killers work well. "

" Yeah, but I have to wait for five days to remove. So, how's my x-ray? "

" No bone fractures and dislocations. No need for surgery. You can rotate your foot, but why did you have a cane? "

Slash nervously chuckled and said, " My sister, Fang, doesn't want me to get tripped and fall down when I have accidents in walking. You know? It can help me to walk properly. "

" I see, " he nodded and suggested. " Aside from guided walking, you can use that for physical exercises. Just make sure you can maintain your balance in walking and avoid hazardous spots. "

" Yeah, sure. It sounds like a good idea, " the Elandric patient agreed and changed topic, wryly grinning. " Doc, I have a question, but this is really embarrassing. "