Chapter 44

[Church of Saint Isaiah: 21st of Before Witching, 426 8:23 AM]

Vavrinec kept hitting his sword to the blonde elven lady paladin knight as his first day of training. Valeera Graveheart's Mornblade touched the other melee weapon. She was challenged to spar with her opponent since Vavrinec's more agile than her. She was thinking of how she could subdue him.

He went for a quick kick toward Valeera's leg to knock her unto the ground. Valeera instantly stood up and started to dash towards him. She readied herself in hitting him as her retaliation and hit his sword, forming a cross if someone would see them. The lady paladin knight intently smirked at him.

He quickly dodged her dash before striking with a back kick to put Valeera off balance. The lady paladin knight fell down along with her mornblade and quickly sat up on the floor.

" Nice attempt, you have there, " she grinned. " You have surpassed me in this training. "

" Dzękuju (Thank you), Valeera. I'm getting a hang of this sword fighting, " Vavrinec gratefully said.

" Have you been doing this back in the Syrvanian Army? "

Vavrinec nodded at Valeera's question. " Ano (Yes). I was trained in close quarter combat and sword fighting."

" You could have easily brought down the Hettic Soldiers, I take it? " she mused. " I wish you should have met my uncle in the Dread Wolves Tribe. He would like to meet some former soldiers who trains for the upcoming wars just like we do in the convent."

" Who's your uncle? Was he a former soldier himself? " he curiously asked.

" He's a huntsman and warrior. Now, a ranger general of my tribe, " she answered." His name is Christopher Knightfall. "

" I would like to meet one day. Maybe I could assist him in training some of his people. "

" Of course, once we are ready to meet them, " Valeera nodded and thought of what she could say. Then, she remembered, " Before you arrived here, my fellow Paladin Knights and the other church people got injured by the Umbral Cultists' intrusion. Father Agapov was critically wounded, but the Blue Knight and some people from the police had arrived. That's why we need to train ourselves for any unexpected attacks. "

" Paladin Knights don't have a healer or mages? " Vavrinec asked with concern.

" Well, I haven't thought of that, but Father Agapov usually meets Doctor Montmartre in the hospital after the clinic got exploded. He recommends us to consult with him. " Valeera replied. " Have you met him? "

" I haven't Dr. Montmartre yet. Also did you just said that his clinic got exploded? Is he alright? " Vavrinec asked with concern.

" That was a month ago, " the blonde elven woman heavily sighed. " That man had come from those dangerous missions from Odyssea Academy's secret order. Then, he witnessed my father's demise, lost his right hand, and left his previous employer. This time, he still needs to work for his family despite those bad experiences he faced."