Stop Hiding

Nezuko POV
"So what was that about?" My mother gave me good eyes as she prepared a plate of food for me on our kitchen counter. I tucked a stray piece of my long black to orange hair behind my ear as I met her defiant gaze with mine. A playful look smeared across my features. I began to limp gently through our living room on my way to dig into my brownies before answering any of her prying questions.

I had already stuffed one of those fluffy chocolate treats into my little mouth when I replied, "oh that cutie? His name is Muichiro Tokito. She caught him staring at me obsessively last period." I nonchalantly told my mom over a bite of brownies.

"Ah, the Tokitos . They're pretty well known in town, just like we used to be. Before your father went to jail," Mom's voice hardened at the last part. She rested her elbow on the marble counter in front of me, watching me eat.

"Nezuko darling, that boy seems very delicate. His confidence hasn't been the same as I dare say since Shabana dumped him. It's clear as day that he likes you, so maybe you better not fool around." ..."

"Mom, I'm not interested in talking about this right now," I cut her off, sliding out of my seat by the counter. "I might be ruthless dating guys left and right, but that's just part of my popularity act. Just trust your daughter, okay? Besides, you can blame yourself for giving me good looks and a body to match." guys lining up" I wink cutely at her ready to go to my room.

In Nezuko's room

I tore off my uniform shirt fluttering on my weak limbs from bruising so easily. I just stumbled. Did I really have to sport a huge purple bruise on my fair vanilla skin?

I stood in front of my long rectangular mirror which is useful when you want to see the whole set from top to bottom. I was wearing a pink lace bra and underwear set, one of two Makomo Chan gave me. My blank eyes trailed over the faded remnants of marks my father hit me with. He was about to have a mental breakdown when I felt the ominous sensation of someone watching me.

Not being met with anything after jolting behind me, I hurried over to close my window and draw the blinds all the way. I decided to simmer my restlessness by taking a hot shower before bed. Grabbing my towel, I went into my bathroom and carefully doused myself in the warm water spewing from the shower head.

Thoughts flashed through my mind, cutting my relaxation in two. I'm so tired of everything. Act strong and confident like nothing bothers a princess like me. But when I'm alone, parts of me start to fall. Horrible memories of abuse, my father beating my mother, they clung to me. Shutting off the shower, he was getting me ready for bed with the decision that I won't go to school tomorrow. I rolled my eyes at the thought of guys fighting over who would help me walk to class ever since I broke my ankle, before collapsing on my cotton duvet.

The Morning After: Narrator POV

A rustling noise from beyond the glass window interfered with her deep sleep. Nezuko's room located on the second floor of her house. Thinking it was the wind punishing a tree branch, she ignored it.

But the rust did not stop.

And she began to feel uncomfortable.

Deciding to check whatever it was, she carefully got up from the bed, what she considered her happy place, and she stumbled to her window.

Her breathing was ragged as she slowly reached to open it. Nezuko opened the window with a very quick and fast movement.

Immediately after being opened, something jumped out and landed safely on the room's sleek white fur rug.

Something or someone.

Reacting to the sudden situation, Nezuko took a deep breath, but she forgot to exhale. She backed into the corner of her room near her bookcase putting distance between herself and the uninvited guest.

She expected some kind of attack, but the room was eerily still.

Nezuko slowly opened her large hooded eyes and made eye contact with who or what invaded her bedroom. The moment she did, she gasped and her eyes widened as she looked into another set of eyes that were staring back at her.

him again