2. Last one in the showers...

But no, no.

Just no.

How could Claudio know? No one knew Tiziano was gay.

He had always been very careful, keeping a detached attitude towards Simone, or trying not to look at his teammates' butts. He expressed the right amount of appreciation for boobs and buttocks of the cutest girls. He was also very careful at home: he always locked the door of his room, cleared his browser history, and deleted all possible data and metadata every time he watched porn. He never told his parents, he didn't have any close friends to confide to.

No, Claudio couldn't know Tiziano was gay. Impossible.

We all know you're a fag.

He dissected that nonsense joke, to find a meaning in it. But why should he? Fag and poof were Claudio's favorite insults.

But the supreme alpha was still staring at Tiziano with those narrow, accusing eyes.

Only after a few seconds the right corner of Claudio's mouth slightly curved up. Tiziano's stomach relaxed: the sentence was clearly the beginning of a refined two-part joke and the finale was about to come. Tiziano couldn't wait to hear what climax of comedy Claudio would have reached this time.

And it was: "Fag and gerontophile!"

"Ger... what?" someone asked under their breath.

"People who like the elderly," another boy answered. There were some not too convinced laughs. Tiziano doubted anybody was understanding what point Claudio was trying to make.

"Well," Claudio said, looking around and openly smiling, "first Valerio defends him: no, poooor Tiziano, don't huuurt him, don't say that he's stupid, let's make him play even if he's bad as fuck. Then this one," pointing at Tiziano, "as soon as he notices Valerio leaving, he tries to run after him... clearly, there's a love story going on, you guys!"

Big laughs.

"Gross!"
"Who bottoms?"

Tiziano wiggled out of Paolo's grasp and made two confident steps towards the door, but beta Stefano placed himself in front of him.

"I guess coach bottoms," Gennaro said. "As he was going away, Tiziano was looking at his ass with such a horny face!"

"Get out of my way." Tiziano tried to reason with Stefano, calmly.

"Nah. Tizio is the girl." Stefano looked at him in the eyes, viciously. "I think he trades his ass for a chance to play. It's the only possible reason why Valerio always lets him sub."

"Really? Are you a whore, Tizio?" Paolo came forward. He was only wearing his underwear and he vigorously rubbed his cock towards Tiziano. The laughter wavered altogether, only the betas were still giggling with the same enthusiasm.

Tiziano gulped, his mouth wet.

"Last one in the showers has genital herpes!"

The person who had just uttered that silly provocation was Simone. There was a sudden hustle and everyone rushed to the shower room, screaming and laughing. In the midst of that chaos, Tiziano met Simone's worried gaze. He nodded his head towards the exit door, like he was trying to say: leave!

He'd done it for Tiziano.

He would have loved to savour that moment: Simone had just distracted them with that trivial challenge just for him, just to let him run away.

Simone was so good, so... noble! He always had a kind word for Tiziano, he always tried (unsuccesfully) to help him during practice, he always looked sad when the betas bullied him, he always tried to defuse the tension when the jokes became too heavy.