30. Just a weird day

This is definitely a terrible idea, Tiziano thought, as he slipped his right hand into his underpants.

He was looking at a picture of Claudio and Simone on a pedalo at the beach. Claudio held the tiller on the right, Simone sat beside him. The photo was taken from the back, and both boys were turning their heads toward the camera, grinning. Cheerful, carefree. Wet hair, tanned skin, glistening with seawater, their back muscles taut.

This could be the worst idea ever, he thought as his hand began to move.

Since Claudio and Simone had their heads turned, their sternocleidomastoid muscles were very visible. Tiziano had always had a soft spot for the sternocleidomastoid muscle, ever since he discovered its name during a science lesson in middle school.

With his eyes closed, Tiziano's fantasies ran wild: the boy he was infatuated with and the one he had just wanted to kiss. He imagined kissing Claudio's neck, then he glanced at the photo: Claudio's mouth, neck, back.

He pictured Claudio in the shower, fantasized about pressing him against the wet wall, their bodies rubbing together. As his hand moved faster, Tiziano's thoughts raced: Claudio is about to come back. He's gonna come to get his phone. And he's gonna bust me.

Despite the risk, Tiziano continued to move his hand, biting his lip.

After the call with his mother, Tiziano realized Claudio's phone – that very phone – was unlocked and couldn't resist the temptation to snoop.

He first read the message Claudio had written to Tiziano's mother, and found out it wasn't the joke Claudio had pretended to type. The message read: Sorry for earlier, everything's alright, I'll call you tomorrow. Tiziano.

So, Fifty shades of "Claudio is handsome" had just been a playful act for Tiziano's amusement.

Next, he found a dozen unread messages Claudio had sent to Tiziano's number, ranging from Moron to Crybaby to Where the fuck are you?!?!?

Then, he opened the photo gallery.

Tiziano had expected to find countless selfies, knowing Claudio's vanity. Instead, photos featuring Claudio were scarce, and he was never alone. Most of them showed other people, with Simone being the most frequent subject. There were a few pictures of Claudio's mother, several of a cute fawn dog (presumably Claudio's), unknown faces, pictures of their team, and photos from Simone and Victoire's karaoke night. There was even a photo of Tiziano, taken that same evening: he was looking sullen, his arms crossed, likely during Victoire and Simone's performance. Claudio had probably taken it to tease him and then forgotten about it.

But Tiziano's attention had been captured by the photos taken at the beach during the recent summer. And that was when the worst idea ever came to his mind.

His hand was still in his underpants when he finally resolved to stand up and lock the door.

Though Claudio had a key, the locked door would buy Tiziano enough time to turn off the screen, lie down, and pretend to sleep.

Sitting on top of the sleeping bag with his back against the wall and his legs stretched out on the mattress, Tiziano placed his right hand back inside his pants. He usually used his left one, but Claudio had bandaged it earlier.

That beautiful photo of Claudio and Simone was still on the screen.

I need to jerk off, Tiziano thought. I'm stressed and aroused. I need to blow off steam. I need to release the overexcited Cherubino that lives inside me. This fucking asshole who sparks weird thoughts in my head.