Chapter 11.

You had just finished cooking dinner for Joel when your father, Oscar, called to speak with him. You could hear your dad's voice from the living room, and he sounded excited. After a few minutes, Joel returned to the kitchen, his face scrunched up in confusion.

"What's up?" you asked.

"Your dad just set me up on a blind date," he replied.

"What? Why?" you asked, feeling a strange mix of emotions bubbling up inside of you.

"I don't know, he said something about wanting me to find someone special," Joel said with a shrug.

You couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy. You had developed strong feelings for Joel over the past few months, and the thought of him going on a date with someone else made your stomach turn.

"Are you going to go?" you asked, trying to sound casual.

"I don't know yet," Joel said, looking thoughtful. "I don't want to upset your dad, but I don't really feel like going on a date with some random person."

You nodded, feeling relieved. You didn't want Joel to go on a date either, but you couldn't help feeling a little guilty for feeling that way. You decided to change the subject, asking Joel how his day had been.

A few days later, Joel went on the blind date. You tried to ignore the fact that he was out with another woman, but your mind kept wandering to thoughts of Joel laughing and flirting with someone else. You busied yourself with work, trying to distract yourself from the fact that Joel was on a date.

When he finally returned home, you were waiting for him in the living room. He looked exhausted, but there was a twinkle in his eye.

"How was it?" you asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

"It was fine," he said, collapsing onto the couch. Even though you had no right to feel jealous, you couldn't help it.

Joel noticed the change in your tone and pulled you into a tight embrace. "What's wrong, baby girl? Are you upset with me?"

You buried your face in his chest and mumbled, "I don't know. I guess I just don't like the idea of you being with someone else."

Joel chuckled and kissed the top of your head. "You have nothing to worry about, Muffin. I'm all yours."

"But why did you even go on the date?" you asked, looking up at him.

"Your dad set it up, remember?" Joel replied. "He's been asking me about my dating life, and I didn't want to raise any suspicions. Plus, it was just one date. It meant nothing compared to what we have."

You nodded, feeling grateful that Joel had thought things through. You realized that you had been foolish to feel jealous and that you should trust Joel. After all, he had done nothing to betray your trust.

You rolled your eyes at Joel's teasing, but deep down you were relieved to hear that it was all just a setup. "Well, I guess I can't blame you for playing along with my dad's schemes," you said with a small smile.

Joel chuckled and wrapped his arms around you. "I'll always be loyal to you, Muffin. No matter what your dad tries to pull," he said, nuzzling your neck.

You shivered at his touch and tilted your head to give him better access. His lips trailed down your neck, sending shivers down your spine. You tangled your fingers in his hair, pulling him closer to you.

"I missed you," he whispered against your skin.

"I missed you too," you replied, breathless.

Joel lifted his head to look at you, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "Are you still jealous?"