Chapter 21 + Epilogue

A/N: buckle up. It's the end of the ride.

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, and the birds were chirping. You had been waiting for this day for a long time. Today was your one-year anniversary with Joel, and he had been acting strange all day. You didn't know what he had planned, but you could tell it was something big.

As the day went on, you and Joel went for a walk in the park. The air was filled with the sweet scent of blooming flowers. You both walked hand in hand, admiring the beauty of nature. Suddenly, Joel stopped and turned to you, taking both your hands in his.

"Mi amor," he said, his voice shaking slightly. "I have something I want to ask you."

You looked at him, feeling your heart skip a beat. Confused, you nodded, signalling him to continue.

"Amor, I love you more than anything in this world. You have been my rock, my everything, my light in the darkness. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I can't imagine living without you. So, Muffin, will you marry me?"

Tears welled up in your eyes as you looked at Joel, feeling your heart swell with love. You threw your arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, unable to hold back your emotions.

"Yes, Joel," you said, your voice choked with emotion. "I will marry you."

Joel pulled away from the embrace and smiled at you, taking out a small box from his pocket. He opened it, revealing a beautiful diamond ring that sparkled in the sunlight. You gasped, feeling your heart race with joy.

"Oh, Joel," you said, tears streaming down your face. "It's beautiful."

Joel took the ring out of the box and slipped it onto your finger, looking at you with love and adoration. You both stood there, lost in each other's eyes, feeling the world fade away around you.

After a few moments, Joel leaned in and kissed you, a gentle and passionate kiss that left you breathless. You kissed him back, wrapping your arms around his neck and pulling him closer to you. The kiss deepened, and you felt your body melt into his.

As you broke the kiss, Joel took your hand and led you to a nearby park bench. You sat down next to each other, still holding hands. You looked at him, feeling a sudden urge to make it official.

"Joel, can we go and get married now? sign the papers?" you asked, looking at him with excitement.

Joel looked at you, surprised. "Are you serious, Muffin?"

"Yes," you said, nodding your head. "I can't wait to be your wife."

Joel smiled at you, feeling his heart race with joy. "Your wish is my command."

You both got up from the bench, still holding hands and walked to the car. Joel opened the door for you, and you got in, feeling a sudden surge of happiness wash over you.

As you drove to the courthouse, Joel reached over and took your hand in his, squeezing it gently. You looked at him, feeling your heart fill with love and gratitude.

"I love you, Joel," you said, looking at him with tears in your eyes.

"I love you too, Muffin," Joel replied, smiling at you. "More than anything in this world."

You both arrived at the courthouse, and Joel led you to the clerk's office. You signed the papers, and Joel put his arm around you, feeling a sudden sense of completion wash over him.

"You're my wife now," Joel said, looking at you with love and adoration.

"And you're my husband"