Chapter 16.

A/N: A bit of a time skip in this one.

 I know the drive from Austin to Cali is way longer, but let's pretend it's not for the sake of the storyline.

I hope you enjoy the fluff.

You wake up early on a bright and sunny morning, feeling a sense of excitement coursing through you. Today is the day you've been looking forward to for weeks - a trip to Disneyland with your family and Joel. You quickly get ready, making sure to dress comfortably and wear your favourite pair of sneakers.

Joel is dressed in a casual shirt and shorts. He looks like a big kid himself, his eyes sparkling with anticipation. You both get into the car and after picking up your siblings at your dad's, you start the long drive to Anaheim. You take turns driving, singing along to your favourite songs on the radio, and playing car games like I Spy.

Finally, you reach the gates of Disneyland, and your heart swells with joy at the sight of the magical castle in front of you. You and Joel hold hands tightly as you enter the park, feeling like kids again.

You start with some of the tamer rides like Dumbo the Flying Elephant and It's a Small World, but soon enough, your siblings are begging to go on the more thrilling rides. You and Joel happily oblige, screaming your lungs out on roller coasters like Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain Railroad.

As the day goes on, you all enjoy the various attractions and shows, from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride to the spectacular fireworks display at night. You take pictures with your favourite Disney characters, and your little brother and sister can't stop smiling.

As you walked through the magical wonderland that was Disneyland, Joel's hand firmly clasped in yours, you couldn't help but feel a sense of childlike wonder and joy.

As you watched your younger siblings run excitedly from ride to ride, their laughter ringing out in the air, Joel turned to you with a smile.

"You know, you're really good with kids," he said, admiration clear in his voice.

You blushed at the compliment, but then Joel's following words made your heart race.

"You know, if I were to have kids again, I can't think of anyone else I'd want to have them with besides you," he said, his gaze locking onto yours.

You were momentarily stunned, but then a feeling of warmth and love spread through you. You had always imagined having children with someone you truly loved.

You feel a rush, and you take his hand in yours. "I'd love that, Joel. Someday, when we're ready."

As the park starts to clear out, you find a quiet spot to sit and rest your tired feet. You and Joel sit together, admiring the twinkling lights and the bustling crowds.

As you enter the hotel room, the lights are dimmed, creating a cosy atmosphere. The sweet scent of popcorn fills the air, making your mouth water. Your family takes a seat on the plush couch, and Joel sets up the TV to watch a Disney film.

"I love this movie," your little sister Emma exclaims, snuggling up next to you.

"Me too," you reply with a smile.

Joel sits beside you, his arm draped over the back of the couch. "I've never seen this one before," he admits.

As the movie starts, you all get lost in the world of animated characters, singing along to the catchy tunes. Joel even joins in, adding his own goofy dance moves to the mix. You can't help but laugh at his antics.

As the movie reaches its emotional climax, you feel a tear roll down your cheek. Joel notices and leans in closer to you, wrapping his arm around you and pulling you in for a comforting embrace. "It's okay, Muffin" he whispers, "I got you."

You rest your head on his chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart. "Thank you," you murmur, feeling grateful for his comfort.

After the movie ends, your family drifts off to bed, and you and Joel make it back to your room which is connected to the kids' one. As you put on your Minnie pj's, you steal a glance at him, and he catches you looking.

He leans in for a gentle kiss, his lips are soft and warm against yours. "You are so beautiful," he whispers, his eyes gazing into yours.

You feel a sense of euphoria wash over you, and you pull away with a smile. "Thank you," you reply, feeling a bit shy.

He takes your hand in his, leading you to bed. "Goodnight, amor," he says kissing your temple before you fall asleep.

The second day at Disneyland was even more magical than the first. As you all entered the park, the smell of popcorn and cotton candy wafted through the air, making your mouth water with anticipation. Joel's hand was in yours, and you felt a sense of excitement and joy knowing that you were going to spend the day with him and your siblings.

You started off by going on the "It's a Small World" ride, where you all sang along to the cheerful tune and marvelled at the animatronic figures representing different cultures from around the world. Leo's eyes widened in amazement, and Emma giggled with delight.

After the ride, you decided to grab a bite to eat at one of the park's many food stands. You all sat at a small table, munching on churros and sipping on cold drinks as you people-watched and chatted about the different rides you wanted to go on next.

Joel suggested going on the Haunted Mansion ride, and Emma squealed with excitement. As you entered the spooky mansion, you all huddled together, trying to keep your nerves in check as the ghosts and ghouls appeared from every corner.

You and Joel enter one of the souvenir shops in Disneyland and immediately spot a display of Mickey's ears headbands. You both laugh and decide to get a pair each. You try on different styles and colours, but eventually, settle on matching black ones with silver sequins.

As you both put on your headbands, you catch a glimpse of yourselves in a nearby mirror and can't help but laugh at how adorable you look. Joel leans in and gives you a kiss on the cheek as you both pose for a cute picture.

"Perfect," he says, admiring the picture on his phone. "We're definitely framing this one."

You both continue to browse the shop, picking up a few more souvenirs for yourselves and your siblings. As you exit the shop, you see a group of kids running around with their own Mickey's ears headbands, and it reminds you of when you were a child, visiting Disneyland with your parents.

Joel notices your wistful expression and takes your hand in his, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "We'll make sure Emma and Leo have the best childhood memories," he says, and you smile at him gratefully.

The four of you continue to explore the park, riding all the classic attractions. You watch as Emma and Leo giggle with delight, their faces alight with joy and wonder.

As the day wears on, you and Joel steal moments of intimacy, stealing kisses in the quiet corners of the park, your hands intertwined as you walk through the crowds. As the sun sets and the park begins to empty out, you all gather for a final group picture in front of the iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle, Mickey's ears headbands on full display.

The day flew by in a whirlwind of laughter and adventure, and as the sun began to set, you made your way to the front of the park to watch the fireworks show. You all stood in awe as the sky lit up in a beautiful display of colours and patterns, and Joel wrapped his arms around you, pulling you in close.

As the last burst of fireworks faded away, you all made your way back to the hotel, tired but happy. You fell asleep that night with a smile on your face, feeling grateful for the memories you had made with Joel and your siblings at the happiest place on earth.