Chapter 4: The Werewolf In a Horror Movie

The flames already consuming
And what leads to undoing
But there's no gentle cure.
Hard and painful instructions
Ones that require touching
And tainting what is pure.-mine

This is Jordan's home. Oh and listen to the song! Its cute. Blueprints by Joshua Micuh

Korali's Pov.

I shrunk down in my seat, closing my eyes, mentally preparing myself for my impending doom that was about to be this visit.

I didn't tell my parents about Jordan because honestly with his whole thing was confusing. He didn't seem to want me around yet he was taking me back to his pack. Staying at school seemed out of the question and honestly I was too uncomfortable to ask him about it. Plus I was too overwhelmed to even think about it. Especially after the pain and sleeping I went through.

When I heard the click of a door handle my eyes snapped open, and I was staring at the grey covering of the roof of the car. I breathed out roughly through my nose and hopped for the best.

I suddenly heard more handle clicks and a draft leading into one side of the car on my right. I just wanted to melt into the seat rather than deal with my mom.

I felt arms wrap around my torso and pull me from the car; I could smell that it was Cailo. He sat me on my feet next to Jordan who had no expression on his face whatsoever. He glanced down at me and then back up at my mom. It made me wonder what he was thinking.

In this moment I took a minute to observe him. His fresh gray shirt was practically painted on his body, his black jeans were slung in a perfect manner, his unruly hair all over his head. He had the stance of an Alpha and an overwhelming aura that I'm sure even other Alpha's felt strongly. His black combat boots were clean and new, and his eyes held no information. Two thick eyebrows were above his green eyes and they were always crunched into a questioning make you feel stupid about whatever you're talking about way.

"Korali? Kaliko? Who are your friends?" My mom's voice broke through my obvious ogling and I felt the immediate embarrassment. I glanced around to see Cailo with a soft smile, Kaliko and Max beaming, and Jordan didn't have a reaction at all-much to my disappointment.

"Hey!" Kaliko waved excitedly, prancing away from us and into the house. She was practically here everyday of my life so there were really no boundaries.

Our eyes all followed her inside until everyone's all landed on me.

"Mom, uhm" I cleared my throat, "this is Jordan. My mate." And she had the exact reaction I thought she would.

She fainted. She dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes. She fell very dramatically the shovel flying in the air and hitting her smack dab in the forehead. Yeah, that was going to leave a lump.

"Is that normal?" Cailo wondered tilting his head slightly while looking at my crumpled mother on the ground.

"I expected this." I replied walking towards the house. Jordan picked my mom up and threw her across his shoulders as if she was pillow weight.

I thought that was a nice gesture for him to do. But it was most likely so he wouldn't have an obstacle in his way for taking me back to his pack.

I opened our wooden door and waved my hand for everyone to enter before me. I looked around back outside to see if anyone saw and as I knew, they did. George Palmer, the pack snitch was already running in the opposite direction, to tell my business, no doubt. I rolled my eyes turning back in the house to see my mom now slumped over on the couch.

Kaliko was already sitting in her favorite chair in the living room and I could hear my dad in the kitchen.

I sighed again when I saw my dad coming out of the kitchen with three mugs. He raised an eyebrow to the three boys and then to me before setting the mugs down on the table.