Chapter 28: Barren

You may snatch up her petals

You may force her into ruins

But that flower was a beauty

And will lead to undoing

You can wither her stem and and never water her again

But she was still that beauty.

Korali's Pov.(not edited/I may come back and patch things up)

The blood dripped freshly from her open wound on her arm and she had a couple more bruises littered on her face in a seemingly random fashion.

I figured this was last ditch episode to infiltrate the pack since Arion got in and she didn't do her job or whatever. Even if she really did run away.

When Mahalia dropped to her knees, Jordan and I stepped over her warily.

I put a hand to his chest kneeling down myself to pat her down. I didn't trust her and I wouldn't get the little demon help, until I knew she had no weapons. When I felt no concerning sharps pieces on her person, I stood up and allowed Jordan to pick her up.

We walked silently to the pack doctor my eyes never leaving the young girl in my mate's arms. This caused me to stumble over loose ground a couple times to the point where Jordan frowned and warned me to be careful.

When we finally made it across the field to the big White House the doctor opened the door with a smile. Then he frowned when he saw Mahalia in Jordan's arms.

"Is that--"

I nodded still not wanting to speak.

The doctor also worked in silence not knowing what to say. Jordan watched from the corner of the room his expression not specific.

He gave her some pills, which I don't know why she needed them, but as soon as I saw her head slumping over I knew.

The doctor had put her to sleep. Jordan made sure to let me know that this was an enemy breaching tactic defense.

We had many guards on the territory. Jordan's pack has always been very well hidden with great security. But they, as in Arion, Mahalia, and Jordan's mom were getting past security because they had no scent. We tried to have Arion explain, but she didn't even know why. She said they made their own soap or at least someone on the "pack" did and that it was all they could use.

When she was tied down and obviously asleep we closed the door and stepped outside the room.

"What's the plan, Alpha?" Doc said, his older face stern and serious.

"I'm not sure. I'd like you to do a diagnosis test on her mental state please. I'm not sure if she should be given the same chance as Arion because she was actually raised by my mother. But I'm not sure if I have in me to killer." He barked a dry laugh. "I'm a killer with a weird nepotistic moral code."

"Jordan," I cooed. "You don't just kill. It's not what you do. You're a warrior--a soldier. You have a purpose. It's not the same." I let my hand creep up his back and rest at his hip. I felt him tense up before glancing down at me with his heterochromia iridium eyes. I smiled, his wolf showing up because he was turned on. He chose the most inopportune times.

The Doctor cleared his throat making our attentions go back to him. "I will get right on that Alpha; you may send her guards now."

***

A sharp kick from Zavier broke me out of my thoughts "Yeesh, Zay" I complained rubbing the part of my stomach he kicked. I was out in the garden tending to some plants. When he kicked two more times I decided that he had enough of this whole gardening ordeal. "Lets go find your daddy." I murmured knowing that was the only thing that would calm him in there.