Chapter 22: Part 1 of the Lily

"Such a beautiful lily blooms

In the heart of any dark rooms.

He smiles even through adversity

Pushing through dirt rather assertively.-me"

Sorry it's short. But I wanted to give you guys something! I wrote/finished this little bit up on vacation in Cali! I hope you guys enjoy and COMMENTS are loved! I split this in two. So here's part one and I'll be trying to write part two and have it up probably later this week or the next!

If you overanalyze this chapter, you might see part of the plot unfolding.

3rd Person Pov.(not edited)

Jordan walked away from his mate, not initially planning to see her, but glad he did. He knew she was safe and that, that human friend of her hadn't persuaded her into thinking that he wasn't worth it. He wasn't. But Jordan was glad that Korali didn't think that. She would always remain a moon in his dark night, a blissful reminder that he was still alive and there was something to live for.

Jordan clutched the brown paper bag closer to himself, walking quickly around the corner and up into a nearby apartment building. Living in the actual city was expensive; but feeling bad about whatever it is that happened to their daughter, Jordan sent a monthly stipend to help with the rent. Plus, Arion's parents both worked.

He pulled out a white piece of crumbled paper with the apartment number on it, leisurely walking up the stairs and towards the door. He knocked three times and waited for a response.

The door was a solid wooden one with a small orbicular peephole. Jordan felt no impatience or anything. He was just a bit uncomfortable and scolding himself for not asking Korali to join him. He knew she needed some time away from him. But he couldn't help but feel aches in his fingers from missing her feel and her touch in return. Two days wasn't a long time, but it felt like forever.

When someone finally came to the door, Jordan peered down to see a Hispanic man in his late 40's wearing a white t-shirt, jeans, but no shoes. He smiled when he saw Jordan, his light brown eyes expanding.

Arion's father was a devote believer in any having a small amount of good. So when he came to The Blue Ash Pack for his mate, he didn't know that there was so much evil concentrated in one small person. Jordan's mother was inherently evil. That fact had turned them both away from joining another pack or even his old pack. They weren't necessarily rogues, just wolves that decided they'd rather live a complete human life. It wasn't healthy for their wolves, but it was possible.

Alex opened the door and allowed Jordan in and closed it behind him. The room was decorated comfortably, feeling like a home. It had the background straight from a set with plush white couches, crystal-like glass table, and super clean. Jordan sat on a chair at the kitchen island and waited for Arion's mom, Nyala, to appear.

When she did, she stopped in her tracked looking at Jordan with tears in her dark eyes and a bittersweet smile on her face. She lifted her arms into the air and ran to him, embracing him, and whispering soothing words into his chest. Jordan wasn't use to being embraced. When Korali did it, it still felt awkward. He loved them from her because they brought him peace, but he wasn't use to being touched intimately and it tended to throw him into a tangent of thoughts.

When she let go she looked at Jordan and stepped away, grabbing the bag from him and sitting in a seat next to him. "Jordan, it's nice to see you. You've grown so much! And you're so handsome." Color flooded to his throat.

"And you look, happier?" Alex said from inside the kitchen. They felt no fear of Jordan, and he was glad of that. He felt better about the situation; more comfortable. He visibly relaxed twitching up a small smile.