Chapter 20: Apples + Concupiscence

"As the flower reaches anthesis, and ready for love

As the flames turns to cinder

The wolves howl at the moon above

The hardened heart gives itself to who's affection it rendered."-Mine

Sorry for the filler. But you'll love it. The pic is of other poems that reminded me of J+K.

Song is... well I'll let you figure it out ;) (Below are Apple tree flowers) PLEASE COMMENT! and vote.

 well I'll let you figure it out ;) (Below are Apple tree flowers) PLEASE COMMENT! and vote

Korali's Pov.(Not Edited)
Jordan unabashedly turned away from me and reached back into the shower to turn it off.

My modesty wanted me to turn away but my lusting had me boldly staring. Jordan didn't seem to mind as he bustled around the bathroom.

When I followed Jordan out of the bathroom, I just sat quietly on the bed. When I glanced up from my hands I saw Jordan looking down at me quizzically. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Nothing. It's just, something seems different about you. That's all. Something I can't put my finger on."

"Don't worry, Korali. It's nothing bad." He quirked up a quick smile, which honestly scared me more.

"Are you sure? Because that smile—"

"That was meant to be reassuring. Which I realize a smile from me wouldn't be. But don't worry. I'm okay." He whispered the last few words while gazing into my eyes seriously. I nodded in affirmation.

"Come." Jordan spoke and I lifted from the bed, softly padding after him. He led me to his old bedroom, which I currently slept in. He reached up into the back of the closet, past my reach, and grabbed another box. He swiped at the box with one arm, clearing it of dust on the top and opened it up.

I peered over his arm to see dozens of pictures. He walked over to the bed, scooping me off the floor on his way. I squealed slightly as he sat us on the bed. I crossed my legs and waited for him to begin. He merely shoved the photos at me.

As I moved from photo to photo I noticed the significance of them. They were pictures of Jordan growing up, of Cailo and Max, of Mahalia and Arion. There were even pictures of Jordan's mom and dad. As Jordan aged you could see the fatigue, the depression, the resignation on his face. Even from the young pictures, Jordan was never the happy-go-lucky child, but there was a noticeable change in his disposition. Such a loss of innocence so young.

I didn't realize that I was crying until I felt tingling fingers rubbing away the liquid. "I'm okay." Jordan whispered again. And what hurt the most was that he wasn't. He wasn't okay. He was abused, neglected, and generally fucked up. It made me feel overwhelmingly privileged. But it also made me realize why we were mates. Why we belonged.

I laughed a little through the mist in my eyes that didn't seem to want to let up. "You will be."

The moment was tender and heart wrenching. I wanted to go back in time and fix what was wrong. To right him. To help him. But that wasn't possible.