~Chapter 5~ "First meeting, hope it goes well."

Sparkling cookie woke up to a notification from his phone, he picked it up and stared at the text, It was 02:39PM and he had just closed the juice bar to have a break before reopening. He grabbed his phone and stared at the text, "Hi Sparkling cookie, this is Herb cookie, my brother Espresso cookie wanted to know if you wanted to go out with him, it's your choice so take your time and if you don't think of it as a good idea, that's okay! Make sure to reply back. Xx" Herb's text said, Sparkling cookie sat up and continued to stare at the text. "Espresso cookie?" He thought but then realised about yesterday about Herb's older brother. Sparkling cookie thought for a moment, before texting back: "Sure, where should we meet up?" The ping that told him his text was sent came and it played in his ear; Another ping was Herb's reply: "Is it alright if you two meet at the juice bar?" Sparkling cookie's face lit up and replied: "Sure, and coincidence, I'm currently in the upstairs part taking a break." Sparkling cookie sprung up from his bed, went downstairs to the nearest mirror and started to practice his smile for this new customer. The door opened to Espresso cookie dressed in a suit that was white with baby blue fades, his hair was tied to a ponytail, his glasses were still infront of his cat-like pupiled, deep brown eyes. "Good evening, Sparkling cookie." Espresso cookie greeted, taking the young man's hand and planting a feather-light kiss on it, Sparkling cookie blushed meekly but immediately removed it with a shake of his head. "Uhh, h-hi. . ?" Sparkling stammered awkwardly, his feet felt numb with anxious thoughts about Espresso cookie. "He's quite handsome; I like his eyes, cat-like and mysterious." Sparkling said to himself quietly, Espresso cookie asked if he could come in, Sparkling replied with agreement and let him in where they both sat down and drank beverages as they rambled on and on about their life stories. "Holy cow, your own parents abandoned you and your siblings when you were only young?! That's. . . That's deep, I am so sorry for you." Sparkling cookie assured, holding Espresso cookie close to him as he needed to be; Espresso wanted to push him off and tell him to 'Stop that' but didn't, he felt a warm feeling somewhere inside of him, a place where the "Orphaned" eldest brother of two cookies used to live; His own, ice-cold heart. He closed his eyes slowly as he felt tears form in his eyes, ready to fall from his brown, sharp-pupiled eyes - it was as if he was wanted in a cold world he thought earthbread was without coffee magic. "Thank you for your concern, but I must get going around 05:35PM as I have an assignment on coffee magic to complete." Espresso chirped in suddenly, ruining the romantic atmosphere he felt around the cookie he adored, he wanted to regret it immediately and slap himself for being dumbfounded. "Ah well okay, then if you want we could hang out more; do you have a number?" Sparkling cookie asked, holding out a piece of paper and pencil for Espresso to take and write on. Espresso cookie sharply took the paper and pen and started to write; his handwriting was okayish, despite being abit fancy for some cookies to read, if it wasn't for his habit of scribbling out a mistake on paper with pen. "Here you go, but I'm not available except on 07:00PM to 07:15PM; I have alot of work to do. He said, passing the paper and pen back to Sparkling with a sigh. Sparkling smiled, chuckled a little and leaned his body backwards on the couch; his hair wasn't a mess but it had a few stray locks, Espresso couldn't help but point it out with another sigh: "Umm, a few strands of your hair are sticking out." Sparkling cookie adjusted them back to their original places, chuckled sheepishly and handed a glass of sparkled beer to Espresso. "Umm, I'm trying not to be rude but I'm not much of an alcohol fan - do you have coffee?" Espresso asked as calm as he tried, Sparkling cookie told him no worries and his attempt of making caffeine-related drinks was somewhat complicated for him; if he made coffee, it would be too bitter or if he made hot chocolate, it'd look like a mess right off the bat. "Ma-Make yourself at home while I'm at it. . ! Alright?" Sparkling cookie stammered whilst reaching his hand out for a mug, Espresso slightly nodded and headed for a yellow-cushioned stool. Meanwhile in the kitchen, Sparkling cookie puppeted a silver spoon, swirling around crushed coffee-beans surrounded with hot water that came from a boiled kettle. "Hey Espresso cookie, just one question;" Sparkling cookie called from his kitchen, as if he was a single mother yelling at her eldest to stop picking on the youngest - "Yes, what is it?" Espresso asked while walking into the room, Sparkling had a carton of milk near him and the mug: The mug was abit overused but was fine nonetheless. "Do you have milk in your espressos? Just incase your lactose intolerant." Sparkling cookie chirped questioningly, Espresso replied with a short: "No thank you, I AM lactose intolerant." And watched as Sparkling cookie put the carton back into the fridge, he was handed his coffee and followed by Sparkling cookie to the living room. "Now, have you had some lovers in the past? Like a girlfriend or boyfriend?" Espresso cookie nearly choked in the first sip of his coffee when the words escaped Sparkling's lips, he shook it and told him he didn't want to talk about it and started to rant of the topic of coffee magic and his research upon it - "Wow, you must be very intelligent of it by now!" Sparkling exclaimed whilst Espresso cookie finished with his coffee and went to the kitchen to wash the mug and come back to him, it was then he glanced at the clock and noticed it was merely 05:29PM and nearly time to get back; Sparkling cookie walked in and wrapped his arms around Espresso's slender torso like a Gummy-snake coiling itself around a tiny cake-mouse. He nearly had a heart attack but calmed down quickly when Sparkling assured Espresso cookie it was only him; Espresso sighed, told to never creep up on him again and continued to talk with Sparkling cookie about certain topics of: Bartending, Coffee magic, movies and much more. "Ah, it must be time for me to go." Espresso cookie croaked gently, looking at his watch; the little hands pointing to 3 and 5 and the big one on 5, indicating it was about to be 05:35PM - The two cookies said their farewells and promised to meet eachother again if they felt the connection between them both. "What a mysterious, but charming cookie; I'd serve him everyday if I could!" Sparkling said to Herb over the phone, Herb congratulated him and throughout the entire evening, talking and giggling until either both or one of them felt tired.