Chapter 5-Padfoot And Moony

Previously~

After confirming that the dragons will be first task, Harry had a chat with Sirius which was cut short by Ron. Harry decided to warn Cedric who was using Dark spells. Harry is confused when map shows Moody as Barty Crouch. Harry aced the first task by firstly using Parseltongue, showing his skills on broom and by embarrassing the whole jury with a simple summoning charm. He decided to play with the traitors.

⭒⭑𖤐⚕⋆˖⁺‧₊☽❾¾☾₊‧⁺˖⋆𖤐⭒๋࣭⭑

After having dinner, Harry was going to the Gryffindor's common room, but a second-year gave him a letter from the headmaster who wants to discuss something important with him. At least this time he mentioned the password. Ice Mice.. seriously

After reaching the office, Harry knocked on the door twice but didn't get any reply. So he just shrugged and entered none the less. The office was empty except Fawkes. 

Harry walked inside. He had been inside Dumbledore's office once before; it was a very beautiful, circular room, lined with pictures of previous headmasters and headmistresses of Hogwarts, all of whom were fast asleep, their chests rising and falling gently. Harry just ignored them and stroked Fawkes's neck.

"Hello, Fawkes," he said. Fawkes was standing on his golden perch beside the door. The size of a swan, with magnificent scarlet-and-gold plumage, he swished his long tail and blinked benignly at Harry. Harry started to looked around the office under the watchful eyes of Fawkes.

He noticed a patch of silvery light, dancing and shimmering on the glass case. He looked around for the source of the light and saw a sliver of silver-white shining brightly from within a black cabinet behind him, whose door is close but the light still can be seen through the small space of the door. 

Harry hesitated, glanced at Fawkes, then walked across the office, and pulled open the cabinet door. A shallow stone basin lay there, with odd carvings around the edge: runes and symbols that Harry did not recognize. 

The silvery light was coming from the basin's contents, which were like nothing Harry had ever seen before. He could not tell whether the substance was liquid or gas. It was a bright, whitish silver, and it was moving ceaselessly; the surface of it became ruffled like water beneath wind, and then, like clouds, separated and swirled smoothly. It looked like light made liquid — or like wind made solid — Harry couldn't make up his mind. 

 Harry saw the cabinet contain small vials with name written on them. he didn't knew many of those name except a few like Bill, Fudge, Moody, Barty, Bones and many more unknown name like Tonks, Shacklebolt, Jones. But one name catch his attention. John Lupin. 

There were six vials of his name, all in the furthest corner catching dust. He took the first vial and about to open it when he heard the opening of the office door and in his haste, Harry put the vial in his pocket and stood near the cabin door pretending to look at the stone basin with wand in his hand. 

Few seconds later, Dumbledore's voice came behind him, "I think, Harry, it is time to return to my office."

"Professor," Harry gasped, "I know I shouldn't've — I didn't mean — the cabinet door was sort of open and —" He pretended to be shocked.

"I quite understand. Come, we will speak in my office." said Dumbledore. He motioned for Harry to sit down opposite him.

"What is it?" Harry asked shakily after taking his seat.