2

I walked out of the bedroom and out on the porch to get some air "max how is carl and why aren't you in there helping him" I could see him getting up set "Rick this might be a bad time to tell you this but I'm your son" he looked shocked "what do you mean by your my son" I look down to my feet pulled out the paperwork and handed it to him. I just sat down on the steps Rick sitting next to me "you had a relationship with Annie over 25 years ago in a small town the day you left mum was the day she was going to tell you but you left mum for Lori." I stop for awhile with the memories of mum and step dad coming to mind again I felt a tier rolling down my cheek "when my step dad was in the hospital he gave me that paperwork that was the last time I saw him. I saw you in a hospital room I left not looking back that's when the walkers came out I was on my own until I made it back home again." I got up with out a word I started to patch up Carl when I was done I heard vehicles pull up I walked out to see the group again I took in a big breath before talking "Carl is fine and will pull throw but no one can see him unless you are immediately his family but the rest of you can see him when he is up and walking around" I nod and grobbed my crossbow and bolts and went into the woods. 5 in the woods and all I have to show for it is two deers when I got back I saw Rick was talking to Hershel and Hershel pointed to me and Rick nodded his head and walked over to me "your people are looking every comfy" he looked taking back by my words "look Hershel told me that this is your land and everything and said that you let him stay just in case something happens to your family" I just keep walking and put the deers on the ground "walk and talk and get straight to the fucking point" I walk pick up the ropes to hang the deers up "look I was just wondering if you'll let us stay even after Carl is better" now it was my turn to be the shocked one "and in the hell green grass would I do that if you say it's because we are family don't got there because what that paperwork says it don't mean nothing ye got that my father is dead" he looked hurt at that and walked away. Finely peace and quiet well I should have known that, that would last when I heard that nickname again "yes Daryl Dixon my ex love what would you like" he didn't say anything to me saying his fall name "max it's been so long since I've seen you why did you stay when I called you little mouse" I closed my eyes "because Daryl I have lost my family my dad is dead now." I didn't have to say no more before Daryl pulled me into his chest "ye ain't gotta tell me twice and by the way ye got me back now" I just stay with me head on his chest he spoke up again "ye got some more room in your room for me again do ye" I looked me in those beautiful eyes again before I started to move in for a kiss he did the same and in no time are lips were touching again it felt so good and new again we pulled away when we needed some air "there is always enough room for ye you should know that by now" I told him to cut up the rest of the deer and I'll let Hershel know I started to walk on the porch "well did Rick speak to you about staying" I look him in the eyes "yes he did I told him about him being my real dad before I patched up Carl and I thought that maybe he could get me to let them stay because we are family so I set him straight and be for you straight Daryl is moving back into my room so don't start" he just looked down and chuckled abit before taking the bowls up to the deer where Daryl was. I look to see Rick and Shane walking around "hey Rick when you get a minute we need to have a chat" I was about to walk away when he came running over " I sat down and looked at him "I'm sorry for what I said about you not being my dad I'm just upset that you left and never looked back" he just looked down " I sorry to son for walking away if I had known I had a son out there I would have came in contact and if you are willing to I'll try and make it right between us " I looked at him with tears in my eyes "I would love that dad and I have thought about what ye said before I'll let yous all stay if yous help out around the farm and hand over ye guns crossbows and knives only " he just looked at me "I don't care if yous don't feel like hand in all the guns to me by the end of the day ye be leaving this here ye property with Carl in the morning got it good " I walk in side and sat by Carl's side holding one of his hands.

Later that day

I was sitting on the porch in my rocking chair eating an apple and reading a book when dad came over "we need to talk in private " I stand up and walk to a old barn "so what's going on" he looks at me "everyone is willing to hand in the guns but Shane things we should on them and I agreed with me" I look at him "ok so make sure your guys staff is ready to go in the morning or else " he looks upset "son come on is it so bad that we hold onto them in a bag " I think for a second " ok they can stay in that bag the only time I want to see a gun is from yous going out on a run or coming back but that's it " with that I walk back to the house to see Hershel looking at me before smiling and I saw Carl sitting in my rocking chair I walk up to him "max can you convince Carl to go back to bed he needs to rest" I look at Hershel "as much as I love you Hershel Greene you are being a buzz kill let him stay out here for a while ok I know what it's like to be shot and laid up in bed that's why dad got me this rocking chair " with that Hershel walked back in side Carl hopped out of my chair as soon as I sat down he was in my lap I grabbed my book and started reading. When I got half way throughout a chapter I saw I had a group of people sitting around and listening to me read by time I had finish the chapter Carl was fast asleep I chuckled to myself and Marked off my page and picked up Carl and put him to bed and tarked him into bed and made my way to bed when I got there I see Daryl getting into bed I got changed and curled up in to bed "come here" I hear that accent I fall in love with I moved to Daryl he puts a arm around me I put my head on his chest listening to his heart beat falling fast asleep.